Fuel Filler Into Rh Tank....so Confused!

Guest tegwin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FIRSTBUILD

my tank came from RHE and it had the filler pipe with it fitted really well into the Sierra do nut -

I think its essential to have a flexible pipe between the filler cap and the tank - as any vibration ould eventually crack something...........

Steve

Guest keith12

Pics with the dough nut and sealed with polyurethane seal plus flexi hose and plastic tube into the tank allowing any movement.

The rear of the car is a bit of a mess at the moment as changing s/steal wings to grp took a turn for the worse and i have to replace the back panel as the previous owner fitted the s/s wings to high thus exposing all the rivet holes with the new wings fitted :(

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Guest allenr03

With my Superspec RH supplied me with a rubber seal that fits into the fiesta fuel tank and a couple of pieces of 50mm OD steel tube. Bugger to fit but seals quite well. Used 50mm ID flexible fuel hose to connect it to the aero filler cap's neck. I changed this later and moved the filler to the boot cover since it was almost impossible to put fuel in with the filler cap where it is supposed to go.

Guest ScotMac
personally Id like a bit of flex between the filler and the tank, Im fitting a new tank (smaller) soon and I plan to run a flexible pipe from the filler to the tank. The tank has a 2" pipe sticking a few inches out of the tank so Ill just join it to the filler.

That way if I get rear ended the tank can move a bit without breaking the connection to the filler. if the two are hard coupled then any impact might rip the tank or at least rip the pipe apart and allow petrol to run out.

prob being a little paranoid but sure.

6972_1.JPG

Hey, that's my tank! You get it from OBP too? Did you get the sender also? I had to "mod" the sender, since the "float" was too long for the tank.

Edited by ScotMac

Guest Alan_builder
Not sure if this is the right place...

But..

I have a RH stainless steel tank, the fuel filler is just a round circular hole on top left of the tank.....

Im having so much trouble trying to figure out how on earth to connect a hose to this so that I can actually fill the car...

How have other people done it? (How did RH intend people do it?)

Any photos would be greatly appreciated...

I have 14 days left till SVA and its these small jobs that are going to catch me out big time!

Chears in advance

Take a look at the bottom of my web page http://www.promec-services.co.uk/Hood1/boot.htm Visit My Website

The ford tank is thicker so some work is required. Make sure you use petrol proof maerials, I know many have not.

Alan

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Guest keith12
another point if using two jubilee clips have the worms offset to enable a better grip does not look as nice but far superior grip

How many hoods do you see with exposed filler necks anyway, but i must admit johns got a nice one :blush: