Rear Flexi Hoses - Clip Info

richyb66

I've bought a pair of (supposedly) Sierra rear flexi hoses. The metal ends that fit into the trailing arm and would also mount to the Sierra body aren't threaded - they're round with a flat on them so they fit into a Dee shaped hole and my trailing arms appear to have the corresponding shaped hole in them.

The problem I've got is I can't find the metal clip that retains them - I'm assuming that it'll be some sort of horseshoe shaped jobbie, a bit like the one that retains the fixed end of the rear handbrake cable but I've got a load of them and they don't fit because they're a bit too small. A trip down to the Ford dealer didn't show anything on the slides - they just look like the usual hoses that are retained with a thin nut.

I'm wondering if I've got the wrong hoses, although they appear to fit the trailing arms and having bought two of them, I'd rather not have to buy something different. I did make my own retaining clip by cutting out some stainless steel sheet which will do the job but as it took a bit of time and I need 4 of them, I'd maybe be better seeing what else might be available.

Anyone got any ideas?

do it the hoodie way, just cut some bits of stainless to the right size, drill a 10mm hole then cut the bit out to leave the two legs, put a bit of a bend on it and push into position.

cost approx nothing and no muppetry :D

Steve

Guest Dan_Beeston

OK, I've found 8 clips so far, so thats 4 for Rich, and 4 spare...........

Wildejon, drop me a PM with your address if you want me to stick them in the post for you, I'll see if I can get you another 4 too :)

Cheers,

Dan