Prop Shaft Grease Nipples

enforcer

Has anyone replaced the somewhat dubious self-destructing RH grease nipples in either end of the propshaft? As I recall the supplied ones were overly long and prone to failure resulting in dead props.

Can anyone confirm that the grease nipples are 6mm? If not what size are they? Oh dear, all this talk about nipples and I'm on nights again tonight. :blush:

Dont think there metric. My front nipple came ready broken and had a right job to replace it. Luckily i've a mate who hoards bits and bobs from the machines he's worked on and we found one in at the bottom of a trunk he'd bought back from the states.

RH supplied my propshaft last year I recon the nipples are 1/4" UNF (1/8"BSP would be about 3/8" across thread) try a 6mm bolt in the p'shaft nipple hole-- it should run but be very slack-- 6mm nut should not run onto nipple-- I have spare 1/4" UNF nipples if you want PM your adress-- they are 1/4"UNF x 7mm hex head x 14.65mm o/all-- standard hydrualic fitting-- cold shower req. now. B)