Willing Volunteers?

Al Milton

Hi All,

Was speaking to Gavinc and Kwikarf at Detling on Sunday, (hope you both got back home dry!) and I mentioned how long my Superspec was taking to build this is due to work committments / slight loss of enthsiasm due to work.

Gavin suggested I post a plea for help to help kick-start my build, so here it is. The build isn't that far advanced and based on the threads on the potential changes to the SVA, it seems a good time to get things moving again, before the changes to the SVA come into force, once they decide what they may be.

All offers will be greatly accepted, with the obligatory bacon butties, choccie biccies and other totally unhealthy refreshments to be suitably supplied by my better half. Additional arrangements, beers, steaks and overnight accomodation etc. can also be catered for, if required.

Cheers

Al

PS, don't know if this is the correct forum to post this, apologies if this is the case.

Hi Al,

The Kentish crowd have helped out other "Stuck" builders in the past.

Your best bet is to suggest a date, or a specific weekend & see what response you get.

You will never get any date agreed if we all make suggestions......thats why we have to "dictate" our meeting nights!!

Anyone who can turn up, does.

Anyone who cant make it suggests the date for the next one....simple Huh?

Book a sunny day & you'll get even some Hoods turn up....theres nothing like a brief blast in one to get the spanner arm working again!!!

I'm certainly game for a run to Ramsgate.......anyone else?

Bob (Orpington)

Hi Bob / Robin,

Thanks for the offers. How does either 10/11 May or the last Bank holiday w/e 24-26 May, (although I know that bank hols are usually pre-booked with other committments) sound? These weekends are when I can gurantee the cook is available, (she'll kill me for saying that!!). Other than that w/e 31 May-01 Jun?

Hopefully the weather will come out to play as well.

Once again, thanks for the offers.

Cheers

Al

Hi Bob, Robin, Gavin,

Oops, forgot about Barkstone coming up.

I'm currently free for both, but how about the 1st June? This will leave the Bank Holiday w/e free for family stuff etc.

If this is ok with you all, i'll PM you my address details and directions if required.

Once again, thanks for the offers.

Cheers

Al

Guest robinj66

Sorry for the late reply - not been about at the weekend (got married) . Can't do the 10th may as I'm off on honeymoon. :D

June 1st is a distinct possibility.

Send me a PM with contact details :good:

Hi Robin,

Congratulations on your wedding.

PM on way. The 1st June looks like the day. Lets hope the weather comes out to play.

Buttie chef / teasmade / biccy opener booked!!! I'll send out remiders / confirmation a couple of weeks in advance, just in case alcohol has the desired effect.

Thanks for the offers all, much appreciated. If I can reciprocate in some way now or in the future, just ask.

Cheers

Al

Hi Al,

its probably a good idea to have a work plan ready in advance, or it will be all chat & butties. :D

Have a think about the areas causing you most problems, prioritise them, & give us all a chance to come up with some possible answers.

Some of us have definite preferences for areas of the car....mine are suspension & engines, I definitely dont do lectrickery.

Do we need to bring any tools or parts?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Good idea, but it is mainly centered on brakes, fuel, bodywork, electrics, interior, steering, suspension, shiney bits. Yeah, think that covers it!

After lunch we'll go to the seafront!!

I'm pretty well sorted on the tool front, (so the misses says, ooerr), but duplications will always help speed things up, (ooerr).

Am planning to spend some time in the garage this weekend as the chef is away, so will sort out clutter from garden etc and organise schedule.

Will even have a go at the car to fully appraise the situation and prioritise work.

Cheers

Al

Guest Jomeo69

Hey AL

Ile pop round as well if thats cool with you as im literally round the corner and help out as much as i can. may help getting my build going as well which at the moment may be finished by the time the next Ice age appears. And also could double up to meet some of the guys that post on here.

Cheers

Joe