Stoneleigh The Show

stevedohc2b

Guest a8dyc

Attached a pic of Steve the new chairman and his dog please add a caption !! :D

Caption>Jesus we've stirred something here!!!! ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest chris brown
The number of cars on our stand that hadn't even been celaned for the show was unreal. It isn't hard to wash it before you drive down and remove the bug splats once there.

So what? My car lives outside, is used all year round and has since SVA (Oct 2002). It is cleaned occasionally (last week as a mater of fact was the last time). I built it to drive it not for it to be a show car. But I believe at the shows we need a good cross section of cars from those like mine and Andy’s (grim) which are used a lot and show how reliable the car can be to those pristine examples which don’t necessarily do many miles a year but show how smart a Hood can look.

But the people I spoke to both builders and prospective builders weren’t interested in whether the car was clean or not but how various things had been done and discussing the pros and cons of the many different ways of doing any part of the build on a hood.

Yes I did spend some time in the Gazebo to relive Ian and Carol so they could have a look around as someone has to man it as there is at any show a steady stream of people calling in to ask questions and others joining the club.

The comment you made “It is a very cliquey club that hides away in the gazebo surrounded by wind breaks that is uninviting and intimidating to potential members and purchasers or our marque.” Is totally incorrect and if you had only come along to the Gazebo you would have found that lots of the time the people in there were prospective members and others just generally interested in Hoods.

Guest Ian & Carole

Offence taken ??????

Well that will be a yes then

Sorry our (Carole & I) efforts seem not to be upto much.

Might try harder then again might not. :hi:

See you all at Newark.

Ian J