A Newbie

Guest graham j

Guest graham j

Hi there, i just bought a Robin Hood,1600 pinto, all sva'd and registered, its running, all fairly new parts, just needs re commisioning. Im in Somerset be nice to touch base with any other members, pick a few brains!! Regards Graham. ;)

Guest Takumi

Hi there,

welcome :)

Im sure there will be some Somerset members replying soon :)

Have fun!

I hate that phrase 'touch base' hehe...

Guest Bazwaz

Hello Graham

Welcome to the club. Why not become a full member. It's only £15 a year and you will get that back in discount on your insurance. You will also receive a list of members in your area. Get yourself up to Newark show, bring a tent and enjoy the best club atmosphere around. Find out where your local meeting is and go along.

Barry

Guest graham j

Ok, you have probably covered it before but how do you fit the sierra wiper motor and the screen as in mounting it so the hood meets it..... and a heater do you bother? and which do u fit? mini maybe? thanks in anticipation. Graham.

Guest Ian & Carole

Bin the sierra wiper system in favour of a Mini system.

Mini heater works well, some fit the sierra blower to the mini heater box for more umph.

We have the mini heater and fan without any probs.

HTHs

Ian J

Guest graham j

Thanks for that will have to scour my local scrapyards.

also what model have i got? it has the swept cycle wings, it was registered in 1997 (from a 1987 sierra.)

Graham

Mini wipers here plus heater standard mini one , there is a magic measurement for fitting the hood , measurement X from top of screen to the rear of the car which eludes for the moment but someone will come up with it nodoubt .

Check here Graham for your Model ID http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Mike

They're all good Graham, it's just that some are gooderer than others. None of them are worsest. Exmo is lighter than the current 2B, stainless steel monocoque chassis, standard sierra rear suspension and uses the front ARB from the sierra which makes the front suspension a bit too stiff. Main worry with stainless is it is slightly brittle so you should check round the top mount of the front shockers for any cracking. I'm in Plymouth but your local group is Bristol based. Welcome to the club.

Nigel