Are All Pinto Inlet Manifolds The Same?

baj25

Just posted a wanted for a 2.0 inlet manifold, and while googling for one, I haven't found any different ones anywhere (1600/1800/2000)- which makes me think, are they all the same? My existing has a 32/36DGAV on it, which is fine, but manifold exit holes are smaller than those in head (2.0i). If they are all the same, is it normal to flare the manifold exit holes to match the head? TIA, Brian

Just posted a wanted for a 2.0 inlet manifold, and while googling for one, I haven't found any different ones anywhere (1600/1800/2000)- which makes me think, are they all the same? My existing has a 32/36DGAV on it, which is fine, but manifold exit holes are smaller than those in head (2.0i). If they are all the same, is it normal to flare the manifold exit holes to match the head? TIA, Brian

Brian,

IMO, Flaring of the inlet manifold depends on the size of the opening already there if it is around 38mm then there would probably be very little to be gained in opening them out any further, on the assumption that the carb used will not have more than a 38mm throat anyway, if its less then belnding out to the gasket on both the manifold and the head would seem the way to go...

Cheers

Tony.R

ps I think the 32/36 DGAV manifold is the same as needed for a 38dgas, the DFTH carb had a different base hence diff manifold, pretty sure the port sizes were the same though.

Thanks for replies so far chaps. Perhaps I should have asked 'are all DGAV /pinto manifolds the same, i.e for all engine sizes?' My current inlet manifold has 34mm dia holes at the exit, and the head has 38mm dia egg shaped holes. 2mm step all round seems quite an interruption to the flow. But I have seen advertised new carb and manifold to bolt straight onto 1600 or 2000. cheers, Brian

good news, egg shaped means unleaded,

maybe a tickle with a die grinder would make manifold flow a little better

Mitch

edit

Just checked mine Brian. and yes its 34mm too

Thanks for replies so far chaps. Perhaps I should have asked 'are all DGAV /pinto manifolds the same, i.e for all engine sizes?' My current inlet manifold has 34mm dia holes at the exit, and the head has 38mm dia egg shaped holes. 2mm step all round seems quite an interruption to the flow. But I have seen advertised new carb and manifold to bolt straight onto 1600 or 2000. cheers, Brian

As far as I know yes they are the same on 1.6 or 2.0 versions, I seem to remember I removed a fair bit of metal from mine to match to the gasket / head ports, had to take a fair bit of the exhaust ports on the head to match gasket that side also mind you.. :D