Newark

Guest Ian & Carole

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi all

As you all probably know it's Newark Show this weekend.

The display site is next to the "funfair" so should be easy to find, but I will make sure at least one flag is flying for those who can't find the dogems.

If you are staying over under canvas or tin we are on a field that backs onto the stables, when you go through the entrance having paid you fee follow the road for a short distance and on your LEFT you will see a field edged with white railings with stable blocks behind the field.

Fresh water is available at the sides of some of the stables, showers are a walk away in a block on the main entrance road, FOC.

BBQ on Friday night in the gazebos, bring your own food and wine, Hog Roast on Saturday night, thanks Tim.

If any one needs help OR advice over the wekend a Mobile phone will be turned on from Thursday morning till close of play Sunday night.

So no need to re pitch the caravan 3 times or spend a lonely night on your own.

Chris Brown and the hoard are back from France so sould be a good turn out.

Bring you pennies with you as we have some RHOCaR and Archer key fobs for sale, any profits to charity.

THE NUMBER IS 07528652387 IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME.

See you all on Friday Saturday or Sunday, will some one please book the weather :rolleyes:

Ian J

Guest Ian & Carole

Yep thats the place, just where Tracey needs to reverse the caravan to. :D

Much nicer than a hotel :rolleyes:

See you guys Friday we will be there from mid afternoon all being well.

Ian J

Guest zoomzoom

Tent arrived on friday so went for a test pitch in the garden this morning..... and..... opened the bag it comes in .....and ...........

:o INSTANT TENT :o

The thing just popped open and there is a 4 man tent on the grass that just needs a few tent pegs.

When I was a kid it would take my dad and my sister about 2 hours to put up our tent!!(they would'nt let me near it)

Took about 20 minutes to work out how to put it back in the bag again though <_<

P.S. what supplies do i need ie carlsburg ,guniness, becks, fosters, or all of the above

Guest Ian & Carole

[quote

P.S. what supplies do i need ie carlsburg ,guniness, becks, fosters, or all of the above

I think that will do for starters. :D

Ian J

ps I have been told I have to be of best behaviour as we are bringing our 4 year old Grand daughter with us :drinks: :drinks: not :rolleyes: time will tell

Guest outtolunch

just a couple of queries how much does it cost I see on the web site that classic car owners displaying get in free is it the same for kit cars or is there a reduced rate?

and more importantally is there any real ale available on the site :D

Hi chaps.

Me and the wife are hoping to camp over on the saturday night, Its the first time we have camped with you lot so be gentel with us. its also the first run out for the car after fitting the cosworth engine in it has been a nightmare so I hope it gets us there. Do I need too book a place for camping with you lot or do you just pitch were you can, also what do I need to bring ie do I need to bring food for the night on the barbe, can you get a cupa in the morning or do I bing a stove. Lots of questions I know but it is our first time.

Jill & Paul.

Guest Bob's Babe

There is a hog roast booked for 8ish sat evening, but we will probably have the club BBQ on as well as there are loads of people staying, so bring what you want to eat, cook it at your leisure.

There are catering vans on site but they don't tend to be open for breakfast, so a small stove for a cuppa and some bacon can be a good idea, but again we can use the club bbq for breakfast.

you can camp anywhere you can find a space, either in with everyone or a bit out or on the other side of the field. you will still be made welcome and can sit with anyone if you can find a space,

SUE ;)

Guest MartinP

Got back off holiday today B)

Arrangements for camping gear to be purchased while I was away went out the window, so I will be hitting Towsure and Halfrauds tomorrow.

that means a trial pitch up on Thursday ready for the off about 6 pm friday when the daughter gets out of work.

see you all about 8Pm :rolleyes:

Guest davros

What's the weather forecast for the Newark weekend as I'm getting a bit of a soft lad! Hope to meet up with you all at around 7:30 Saturday evening as I will be waiting to travel down from the 'Mighty' Leeds in convoy with my mate who insists on using his Harley and hopes to try for the free entry, I call it bad form!

Davros

Guest salty_monk

Don't forget to wash your cars before you get there..... no dirty cars on the stand please :lol: :lol: :wub:

Ian - I want a nice big picture of your floral car arrangement too, or are you going with the "wave" layout this time? :lol:

Oops... kill stir mode :D

Have fun everyone!

Dan :)