Thanks To All Who Went To Le Mans

Guest chris brown

Guest Ken Brough

I have not got the hang of these photo's. I will try again with the Pirate ship and the Space Shuttle which is up for sale on E Bay at present. The description is brilliant item no 330243793796.

Guest graham.g
Why do my pictures keep disapearing?

One picture out of six attempts, your getting better Ken.

Had a brilliant time, even after losing my passport on route and ending up arriving two days late, thanks must go to Durham passport office for sorting me out with a new one pronto.

thanks also to Chris for organising things, and for tea sausage rolls and cake.

Got back safely on the Tuesday night a bit later than planed as Ken's water pump decided to pack in 50 mile from home.

all in all I had a fantastic time great company and plenty beer.will definitely be back next year.

here is the winning driver and car after the race "fellow scot"

le%20mans%20038.JPG

Thanks Graham

I have not got the hang of these photo's. I will try again with the Pirate ship and the Space Shuttle which is up for sale on E Bay at present. The description is brilliant item no 330243793796.

The Shuttle was two cars in front of me on the Eurotunnel coming back - Awesome.

Guest chris brown

I have at last finalised the accounts for this year’s event and thanks to selling 8 tickets on eBay we ended up with a good surplus which I will give to Stephen when I next see him so it can be added to the calendar fund and eventually handed over to the Rainbow trust. For those purists among you who notice everything works out in whole pounds, I have rounded things up and down to make things easier.

Total ticket sales 49 (I had a free one) £2510

Cost of tickets and charges £2163

Surplus £347

Post Envelopes etc £10

Gas (Not many used the BBQ so gas left for next year) £13

Wine and coffee at Hotel de France £140

Final total for charity £184

I hope all who went are happy with this

Chris

Those chiselling B*&^%Y Frogs......

My brother & I are driving to Spain on Saturday 12th, planning to stop at LeMans

to watch an evenings racing on Saturday, then carrying on to Spain on Sunday morning.

You can buy a one day ticket on Friday....EU 15

You can buy a one day ticket for Sunday...EU 30 still not too bad.

But to see the racing on Saturday, you have to buy a weekend ticket EU forty bloody nine!!!

So were not going.....bugger, bugger, bugger...

Bob (less of a Francophile now....)

Guest erichetherington

Bob,

You really telling us you could just watch a bit of racing then drive away? I think I would always go after the next race ;)

Not really out of choice....we have an appointment with a solicitor in Barcelona at 9:30 on the Monday....

You know what the Spaniards are like.....miss that one & we may wait another 3 months for another appointment..

Bob (Roberto!!)

Guest Ken Brough

They both look great. What would be the possibility of making them into stickers as well, about 12" to 18" for the side of the cars.