Thanks To All Who Went To Le Mans

Guest chris brown

Guest chris brown

Having just spent a super week with great company and some of the best raceing there will be anywhere in the world this year. I would just like to thank everyone who went but in particular Mick Gilbert who organised us a excellent meal at the Hotel de France on Thursday. Dave Thomson for the BBQ on Wednesday, and Stephen Altwasser who did all the cooking on the camp site for six of us and fed us like Kings.

For those of you who have been in the past and have been put off by the state of the camp sites I can report that at last things have greatly improved with well marked out pitches which are a good size and toilets that are well serviced and kept clean.

So if you fancy joining us next year I am now taking bookings.

Chris

The 2008 race gets under way as the pace/start car peals off

post-746-1213808381_thumb.jpg

Guest minty

Chris - I'd like to echo the thanks to Mick (for the Hotel de France) and Steve (for the stickers!) and Dave (BBQ) .......... but also from all who attended to YOU for your welcome and organisation - once more delivered with enthusiasm and grace - and this time supported by the ACO by better facilities - even showers that worked! As you say the racing was electric and of course Aston won - making for a fitting tribute to the number of Brits who make the trip.

Thanks again. :D

Thanks to Chris for the organisation. The ACO for doing a proper job pegged out and numbered spots.

The in track loo's were much better with some nice new ones.

I am up loading some photos to photo bucket Link

It was great to have such great company and a joy to cook for you glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks to Mick Gilbert who organised us a feast of a meal at the Hotel de France on Thursday and Chris for the coffee and wine. Dial Dave for the BBQ on Wednesday.

A fantastic week.

Stephen

aka " Delia "

My thanks too, to Chris for organizing, and Delia for the culinary skills - and to everyone else who I met and chatted with, some for the first time.

Thanks also to ACO for what I can gather, better facilities than previous years. OK, the showers were cold, but at least they existed :D .

Despite missing my Ferry back on Monday evening (but that's another story) I had a great time and it'll be a trip to remember for sure.

To soon to say about next year - will have to work on getting my pass stamped again. :rolleyes:

Guest chris brown
I just love this. How weird are the Brits?

Nigel

That’s the Swindon plastic racers and a good set of blokes they are too just a little mad. But this year they didn’t have the one with the cut down pick up style with a toilet pan mounted on the back

Guest MacMustang

Even though I didn't go with the hoods, it was great to pop across and say hello to a couple of you.

Took me 2 days to find where you were camping but once I found the campsite didn't take me long to see the gleaming stainless steel :)

I'm hoping next year to take my hood :D

Adam

I last went in 2005. Major withdrawal symptoms since. Having (not literally I hasten to add) 2 kids in the meantime has hampered things but hoping to place an order with Chris for next year.....working on the passport stamp as well.

Glad you all had a good time. Not jealous at all!

Andy

Guest RichardO

An excellent week for us as well, including melting the fuel pump fuse holder a quick repair and then the fuse blowing 200 yards down the road, not putting the rad cap on properly and emptying the contents onto the petrol station forecort, and another fuel pump fuse blowing at 0030 4 miles from home...

Thanks once again to Chris for sorting things out.

A few of my photos here http://www.asbs12.dsl.pipex.com/LeMans08/index.htm

Rich...

Guest erichetherington

Made it back last night after second week spent in La Fleche, with wife- who now loves the place and wants to go every year- drat!

Big thanks to Chris and Mick

Only complaint is that we have to wait a full year 'til the next one!

Guest Ken Brough

Me and my little crew had an eventfull Le mans this year. My mate lost his passport and money at Maidstone services on the way to Dover on the Sunday. When he eventually caught us up on the Wednesday he had his mobile stolen, then my water pump chucked it 53 miles from home. Apart from these little episodes we had an excellent le mans. I even made it to the musuem which I have never seen in 4 previous trips. As usual mr Brown had things organised to the tee. Great company even if I could not stay awake or standing. Thank heavens for our flashing light on top of the shower cubicle to guide us home at night after a nights racing and kebabs. We look forward to next years trip. Highlights for me include some of the wacky vehicles en route and around the circuit. pic's attached and a few more to follow