Tan Hill

NeilD

:( :o

looks like we gonna have to miss this weekend

tin top failed mot ,gonna have to get it fixed this weekend

f*****g p****d off

ek :aggressive:

p.s. anybody need a room, before i cancel it?

If you dont want it ill take it for saturday if thats ok, how do I go about it

Paul.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest outtolunch

just got back I left early to do the washing most were heading for a MG show in the opposite direction, a very enjoyable time apart from early morning wake up calls from the ducks at 4.45 am and then the cockerals at 6.

will try posting photos later

Broken wishbone now removed and ready for repair. :D Close inspection of the snapped tube revealed rusting of the break. So, it's been ready to fail for a while. :mellow: Thank Him up there it happened in a car park full of Hoodies at 1 mph and whilst reversing! :rolleyes: I don't want to think about what could have happened at speed on Buttertubs Pass. :o I've checked the Lolocost parts list and the bushes I'll need are still available. :D So, see you all at Peterborough next weekend (in the tin top).

Guest Tim Norman

We managed to make it home on 6 cylinders with a throttle cabe that would eventually only let me have about 2000 rpm. Still no clue how or why I lost the cylinders but the plugs on 1 and 4 were very oily but dry. Changing the plugs had no effect. It's almost like they aren't getting fuel, but on a Edelbbrock manifold how does that happen?

Yes, Rescue truck from Aysgarth Falls car park to home. Great service from Roadsure. Then jumped in the MX5 and back to Tan hill for Saturday night with the Hoodies. Tim Norman was on great form. Introduced us to his banjo playing cousin from the southern USA. :D Looking forward to seeing Grizzlys photographs.

Guest Bob's Babe

We managed to get back under Bobson power, but even I could tell that the engine didn't sound right....so it must be bad! :rolleyes:

It was a steadier drive than the one up, and without any rain, except for the first ten mins.

sorry we missed the trip to Pately and didn't get to say bye, but the clouds were starting to drip so we just got in quick and set off. Hopefully will see you all at Peterbro'

SUE :wub:

Guest Tim Norman

The problems started just after I filled up at a country garage. I think I have now got to the bottom of the problem. I changed plugs, leads and dizzy no change, so I took the carb off. When I took it outside to tip it up and get the fuel out I noticed water on the bottom of the scondary chokes. I checked the manifold and there was water in there too. But why just 1 and 4 havinga problem. I checked with a mechanic friend and he suggested a compression test. If 1 and 4 were lower than the rest then that was the problem. Poor fuel and insufficient compression to really burn it. I need to source a tester and sort it. This kinda knackers August for me. MOT was booked for Sat, now needs to be cancelled. So Peterborough will be in the Altea. As I am having a new tank made that doesn't leak I can't see the point of emptying this one to refill it to empty it again to fit the new one. So..... its drain the old tank take it out, change the drive shafts, fit the new tank, get it MOT'd before Stafford!

Chairmans bad luck has just changed its name!!

Guest erichetherington

Stevedohd2b,

What was Chris doing to that Pussy :o :o I thought Dial Dave had all the Pussy jokes at Le Mans with his puppet :D :rolleyes:

But I thought your hair looked good after the water splash!

When I was a a waterskier (not that long ago) I frequently had problems with water in the petrol from LOCAL garages. The Yamaha 85 hp outboard was so reliable that fuel was always the first thing I checked when it ran badly.

Stevedohd2b,

What was Chris doing to that Pussy :o :o I thought Dial Dave had all the Pussy jokes at Le Mans with his puppet :D :rolleyes:

But I thought your hair looked good after the water splash!

Yes Eric Delia has to look her best. :D

Lesley did not fancy a second run as I did speed up when we went through the first time she was not amused :D

Not to sure what Chris was doing but it was a real pussy and it enjoyed it.

Stephen