Rover Locking Wheel Nut Adaptor

agent_zed

Guest chris brown
Hi,

my sister bought a rover earlier this year and we've just realised we dont have the key for the locking wheel nuts. We do have the code though. Is there anywhere that we can order one to fit?

cheers

Try a motor factors. Otherwise a tyre and exhaust place should be able to remove them then buy a new set.

Hi,

my sister bought a rover earlier this year and we've just realised we dont have the key for the locking wheel nuts. We do have the code though. Is there anywhere that we can order one to fit?

cheers

Assuming that they're OEM wheelnuts the locking tool should be in the moulded tray in the centre of the spare wheel. Genuine Rover loking wheelnut sets aren't cheap - about £60 a set if it's a R25/R45 or about £35 if it's a R75. The locking nut has a stainless steel cover over it that you have to remove with a plastic tool and then the nut has two recesses in the edge of it that are loosened by round pins on the unlocking tool.

I'd try one of the 55 new MG dealers - most of them are just the old MG Rover dealers and there's a good chance that they might still have the dealer set of wheelnut removing tools which would at least get the old ones off without damaging the wheels and then you might be able to get something else to replace them.

Go here http://www.mg-uk.co.uk/ask-mg/dealer-locator to see if there's one near you.