How Much Is This Worth?

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

well I was browsing the interweb trying to avoid my uni work and came across this and just wondered what it's likely to go for and thought you lot would probably be good people to ask... any ideas? It's only the front engined one (SPD200) but it does look like fun! :rolleyes:

the kit is made by paul banham

im currently building a banham x21 for the missus and nothing fits and the company has gone bust so there's no support and nobody seems to use the owners forum so there's no help there either.

so personaly id give it a miss

I did a Banham X21 years ago, had it before my first S7. Absolute nightmare and never got it quite as I'd hoped. Quality of fibreglass was utterly apalling. Panel fit was a real problem - they are a nice drive on a Metro K series GTI donor though!

Only just spotted this thread - hope i didn't upset anyone from here who was bidding.

Must learn some impulse control........ yeah right - that's going to happen.

This isn't a Banham - it's an SPD200. Not aware of any Jigtec connection for this one. It was started off by Sports Power Drive and then taken on by Cradley Motor Works. The references to Banham are because the guy bought the Banham 200 demonstrator and decided it was unsafe so he salvaged some bits and scrapped the rest. This is what he then went for. I'm planning for an XR4x4 base with thoughts of maybe a Scorpio Cosworth lump in the future.

Anyone wanna buy a Mini?

Iain

if its the cradley one then it was at one time briefly part of the teetering jigtec empire!

jigtec were based in cradely heath, and when things went belly up a business partner took the rs200 and the lomax stuff, along with the infamous snake down south. (not sure why they;d move to the other end of the country??)

i remember seeing it at an open day and it looked ok.

was it the cradley one that was based on the maestro turbo?

Cradley Motor works was indeed RS Jigtec.

Prior to folding up, they tied up with another existing kit car manufacturer/assembler

deliberatley in the south to cover as much of the country as possible for their own car(s).

Prior to that they had produced ALL the chassis and suspension arms for IIRC? Sylva

I do understand that there was some ill-feeling when it went bust & that some hoodies were caught up in it, but I visited the site on 3 occasions to discuss my wishbone conversion, and there is no doubting their engineering ability.

I am very impressed by my wishbone conversion, which works pretty well.

I wouldnt be too concerned about the integrity of the chassis.......just what the previous owner may have done to it.

HTH Bob

Guest docter fox

typical, get them all to put me off them sneak in yourself! pah... lol no hard feelings from here, it'd probably be a bit too much work considering I'm meant to be at uni still... but I do expect a go in it when you get it all put together! :p

OK so maybe there was a Jigtec connection (although whether this one was pre or post I'm not sure).

It's go nothing to do with a Maestro - that was the Banham ones. OK it's got some Maestro cup bucket seats with it.

The only reason for the mention of Banham is that I've got some Banham body parts along with it but these are spares as the SPD parts are there too. Bizarrely I've now found out that there are also some parts from an outfit in Preston that make an RS200 based on a Scooby (also the "Eleanor" shelby GT500 replica that was at Stafford). They made some of the bits for the full opening rear-clam.

Iain