2b+on Ebay

Guest art stringfellow

i might have talked the father in law into putting an offer in, he has decided he likes them since i got mine.... bit of a downer that his will be complete whilst mine is still being built but at least i will have something to refer to.

Guest chris brown
Ended with Buy it now, looked like a good one. At that price you could afford the wishbone upgrade...

Dan :)

Hardly surprising at that price. It looked like the bargain of the year and as you say Dan still cheap after converting to wishbones.

Guest art stringfellow

I have just looked again at the 2B on ebay again and can now see the sliding pillar front suspension.I thought the 2B plus had the wishbone front susp.My sliding pillar was converted to wishbones by the guy who built the car.He drove the car for 100 miles then decided he could not live with it.He used as plans the locost book and I have to say it works really well.Having said that it has taken me 2 years to set it up to my satisfaction.Stringy

Guest timswait
I have just looked again at the 2B on ebay again and can now see the sliding pillar front suspension.I thought the 2B plus had the wishbone front susp.My sliding pillar was converted to wishbones by the guy who built the car.He drove the car for 100 miles then decided he could not live with it.He used as plans the locost book and I have to say it works really well.Having said that it has taken me 2 years to set it up to my satisfaction.Stringy

It is a sliding pillar, you can see in the pics if you look carefully. It's complicated. When I bought my car (2001) it was sold as a "2B+" since it had double wishbone suspension. However they were also selling a "plus pack" including some extras such as recaro seats, rear coil-overs, etc, so this car was probably built with that, so I think is technically a 2B with a plus pack!

Guest chris brown
hi, i bought a 2b sliding pillar on monday from ebay, cost me 2500, is the sliding pillar ok? cheers

Hi Dave and welcome to the site and congratulations on becoming a Hoodie. If the car you have got is the one on this thread then it looks a real bargain. As far as sliding pillars are concerned there are people who have had them on the road for several years and are very happy with them. But on the other hand there are lots who have had them converted or done it themselves and I have never heard one person who didn’t say it improved the car out of all recognition

Guest SWANAGE DAVE
Hi Dave and welcome to the site and congratulations on becoming a Hoodie. If the car you have got is the one on this thread then it looks a real bargain. As far as sliding pillars are concerned there are people who have had them on the road for several years and are very happy with them. But on the other hand there are lots who have had them converted or done it themselves and I have never heard one person who didn’t say it improved the car out of all recognition

thanks' for the welcome, it isnt the one on the thread i think mine is a lot better looking, and a few hundred quid cheaper too, it was a quick sale the lad needed to buy another car so i fell lucky.as for the sliding pillar i couldnt tell you which type it is and according to my seller he says he has no problems at all over the last couple of years so i might stick with it and see what i feel before the summer fun. have a great day