Any One Used These ?

Guest Ian & Carole

No, but I'm assuming that it saves you having to unbolt the top ball joint taper from the hub carrier so you can rotate the ball joint to adjust it.

If the ball joint screws into this adaptor, I can't see how this could possibly fit a 2B top wishbone without some serious modifications to the wishbone.

It's not like you set the camber every 5 minutes, save youself £14 and don't bother.

Guest chris brown

Never used them Ian but often looked at them with envy on other cars. As Rich says they won’t fit a RH wishbone as it requires a tube to fit into. MNR among others use them and it does mean the camber can be set correctly rather than to the nearest full turn of the joint.

But yes if they would fit I for one would get them.

Guest chris brown
i used a spirit level to set mine. :good:

Most do but you can only get somewhere near as the threads on the joint give you about 1/2 degree per full turn whereas with these sleeves fitted it can be set accurately whatever you use to measure the angle with. Well you should end up with both sides the same

Most do but you can only get somewhere near as the threads on the joint give you about 1/2 degree per full turn whereas with these sleeves fitted it can be set accurately whatever you use to measure the angle with. Well you should end up with both sides the same

Can you get the last smidgin of angle by raising the ball-joint tube in the pinch-clamp on the hub carrier?

Guest timswait
Can you get the last smidgin of angle by raising the ball-joint tube in the pinch-clamp on the hub carrier?

Not without cocking up other suspension geometry parameters :( You'd be raising the angle of the top wishbone in the process, with would alter your roll centre, and would probably land you with even more asymmetric handling than being 1 turn out on the ball joint. If one turn on the ball joint equals 1/2 degree camber then you should at least in theory be able to get within 1/4 degree.

I've seen them on other cars, and they are a good idea, but as said they won't fit a standard 2B top wishbone :( They might fit some of the aftermarket wishbone conversions though.

Agreed... you only set up the camber once hopefully...

If it ain't broke then fiddle about with it! ;) The camber does have quite an effect on the car's balance and handling. If it was easier to adjust I'd probably fiddle with it much more. Which come to think of it maybe isn't such a good thing :unsure: