Break Down Services

Guest subaru

Hi all,

Ca any one recommend a good service pls. i have just started my hoody career and am with the AA who seem expensive. 36 quid for just assistance, rising to 96 quid for relay. Many thanks chris

Hi all,

Ca any one recommend a good service pls. i have just started my hoody career and am with the AA who seem expensive. 36 quid for just assistance, rising to 96 quid for relay. Many thanks chris

Hi Chris

I use the RAC, not the cheapest, but in my experience one of the best. I have family cover at a cost of around £140. Covers me and 4 members of my family in any car for roadside assist, recovery back home or onward travel. With 3 offspring traveling all over the place the peace of mind is priceless.

HTH

Paul

My wife informs me you can pay with tesco clubcard vouchers to reduce the actual cost to 25% - didn't tell me that when I renewed

Hi Chris I use Autoaid as recomended by Martin Lewis money expert . The insurance covers myself and my wife in any car , emergency assistance at the roadside to start the vehicle ,recovery of the vehicle and passengers to your destination , overnight accomodation in a hotel for one night for yourself and up to 5 passengers , emergency assistance at your own home or within 1 mile of your own home , cover for attached caravan/ trailer at the time of breakdown and recovery of vehicle following theft / vandalism . This costs me £34.00 a year which i think is very good value .

I did have the misfortune to have to call them out last year when I blew the engine up on my Hood and I couldnt fault the service .They are worth contacting .

Bernie :D

Myself and SWIMBO use AA.

We switched to green flag but switched back as they didnt seem to want to have a go at repairing at the road side, just hoiking you onto the trailer.

Where as AA have tinkered for hours before now.

• 1 month later...
Myself and SWIMBO use AA.

We switched to green flag but switched back as they didnt seem to want to have a go at repairing at the road side, just hoiking you onto the trailer.

Where as AA have tinkered for hours before now.

Thanks Andy and eveyone else for your advice on the breakdown services really valuable, even if broken engines were involved. I did see the money expert site and was wondering about one of the cheaper services. I am after the european cover, does any have any experiences of breakdown in europe? cheers chris

Guest graham.g

AA for me, and the wife. Used them quite a bit over the last 10 years we have been members.

They are a bit more expensive but the service has always been top notch. You just have that security knowing being a nationwide recovery service,

that they will have an AA patrolman or a AA contractor on scene before long.

I broke down once in a Cavalier, the coolant bottom hose burst. The AA were quickly on scene.

obviously he didn't have the parts so towed me to the nearest Vauxhall garage where he got me discount

on the parts then fitted them before i got on my way.

Cant Fault them.

Graham

I daren't comment on this thread too much, but I'd been with the RAC for 25 years, and had no intention of changing, especially after seeing the performance of the other major company that come first in the alphabet.

I changed to the recovery offered by roadsure after trying to get a decent deal from anyone for European cover in the Landrover this year.

I now have full cover, at the road, recovery to wherever, hotels if need-be, etc. etc plus European cover, for ANY vehicle that I'm driving, for £46.

not had to use it, but I'm sure that it'll beat a 3 hour wait, (which a certain recovery service was giving as an ETA tonight!!!)