Broken Cycle Wing Brackets

Guest Livvy

I have a 2B Sliding Pillar Robin Hood using Sierra Struts and both Cycle Wing Brackets have broken (and with only low mileage!)

Can anyone help with any of the following

Drawings / Sketches so that I can make some new ones

New modified / upgraded Brkts for sale

Or do you know of a manufacturer selling these

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Located in Oxford

Guest Ian & Carole

Try the factory I know for a fact that Richard has developed a new stronger version.

Most of us suffered with this problem.

One of mine lasted about 400 miles, another I know of broke on the first trip out after registration, his let go and took the brake pipe with it. :o

You can just re-manufacture yours putting some trangulation across the corners where the flat plate and the tube part company if you understand what I mean.

HTHs

Are these still fairly simple tubular brackets with the ends squeezed together? That was always the weak point and, as Ian says, plenty broke - usually inconveniently on the m-way! I simply welded mine back together and they've been fine ever since - even with my amateur welding.

Are not the brackets made from mild steel tube & rod? If so it's more likely to be metal fatigue due to vibration -- so what's needed is a more springy steel; not stronger; although a bit of R.S.J would probably suit --it would be too heavy to vibrate.

Try the factory I know for a fact that Richard has developed a new stronger version.

Most of us suffered with this problem.

One of mine lasted about 400 miles, another I know of broke on the first trip out after registration, his let go and took the brake pipe with it. :o

You can just re-manufacture your putting some trangulation across the corners where the flat plate and the tube part company if you understand what I mean.

HTHs

Hi Ian,

I'm in the same boat as Livvy, do you have any photo's details that I can view for the mod's. Had a look around, other sites etc but can't see any details.

cheers

Terry

Guest Ian & Carole
Hi Ian,

I'm in the same boat as Livvy, do you have any photo's details that I can view for the mod's. Had a look around, other sites etc but can't see any details.

cheers

Terry

Terry

If I get time today I will take a couple of pics, busy day today though so don't hold your breath. :rolleyes: