S7 Complete Kit & Dolomite Sprint Bits

fry61

A mate has had a S7 complete kit sat in his garage for the past 18 years---yes 18 years. He also has a 2.0 litre 16V Dolomite engine & running gear with only 60K miles on; 1979 vintage.PARTS MISSING--exhaust--prop shaft--steering column. He wants £2000.00 for the complete (almost) package; he may also be able to deliver it for you. Colour is Blue/silver. P.M. to me if you're interested.

:huh: Give us a clue lads---Is this kit ---too old ----too expensive ---too much of a challenge---polite helpful replies only please.

I suspect all of the above. Include also the following:-

Will the kit be IVA compatible

Recession - are we heading for a slump - hence really bad timing to sell pretty much anything car related

Si

:huh: Give us a clue lads---Is this kit ---too old ----too expensive ---too much of a challenge---polite helpful replies only please.

I don't think the age is a worry although obviously a lot of bits may need replacing or rebuilding including the engine.

I think the price is wayyyy off though. I picked up a part built with almost all the parts for just over a grand a couple of years ago and as has been said, we're not in the most optimistic financial climate :)

Guest Stuartl

I would have said about £1000 max as well which is what I paid for my dismantled one.

I know this is a new kit BUT it has to be SVA'd or IVA'd as it will be by the time it would be built.

How IVA friendly will an 18 year old kit be I wonder?

I certainly wouldnt like to try and get my S7 through an IVA which is why I paid just over the grand for mine as it was on the road pre SVA and correctly registered as an S7.

It might be more valuable as parts................

Oops!!! Just read Simon's earlier reply :o

this is off topic slightly , but a mate of mine tried to buy a new van this week ,

he has a vivaro van on an 05 plate he was offered £2500 as a px on a new vivaro by a vx main dealer.

his has less than 45000 miles on it .

joke or what .

graham

sorry but just to give an inpression of what things are worth