No Spark

robjob0

Hi all

I don't normally ask many questions as I've usually found answers in other post. I've got a DOHC engine in my 2B it has always started fine, but now I getting near the end of the build it's decided it doesn't want to start any more. I cant seem to get a spark . I've changed the coil, distributor, rotor arm, HT leads and plugs as well as checking all the wiring. has any one got any ideas.

Many thanks

Robin

Hi all

I don't normally ask many questions as I've usually found answers in other post. I've got a DOHC engine in my 2B it has always started fine, but now I getting near the end of the build it's decided it doesn't want to start any more. I cant seem to get a spark . I've changed the coil, distributor, rotor arm, HT leads and plugs as well as checking all the wiring. has any one got any ideas.

Many thanks

Robin

Have you checked for live feed to the coil? Could be fuse gone or even maybe your ignition switch?

Efi or Carbs?

The DOHC has an ECU , lots of sensors required.

There is also a kill circuit, which can be bridged.

Other wise its fairly conventional , if you have juice and spark it goes bang.

Have you got 12V on the coil when you turn the ignition on ? If "no" work back..

Graham B

I had one as well and seam to remember the wires that went to the alarm were purple under the steering column. Need to be joined.

Has the fuel pump switch cut out it was in the boot in sierra.

Check all fuses first and if 12 v at coil and ecu. And getting fuel ( crack the fuel rail ) warning high pressure wear face mask etc

it should fire up.

Stephen