Sva Pass Chadderton

Guest tommy holly

Guest tommy holly

Passed SVA second time round, failed last week with 5 minors (rear view mirror not radiused to 2.5mm, hand brake warning light cable not routed through gromit, indicators to long, dash lights dim and wiring under dash not fully secured). I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has posted information over the past 3 months.

Cheers Tommy :D

Well done mate,

Got my test date toay for 24th Feb, so will be worrying until the big day.

Hopefully mine goes as smooth as yours!

cheers

Terry :D

Edited by tazzzzman1

Guest tommy holly
Indicators too long!!??

Well that's one I've never heard before :rolleyes:

Congratulations.

Yeh got a bit carried away with the front indicators, he said they vibrated to much.

Passed SVA second time round, failed last week with 5 minors (rear view mirror not radiused to 2.5mm, hand brake warning light cable not routed through gromit, indicators to long, dash lights dim and wiring under dash not fully secured). I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has posted information over the past 3 months.

Cheers Tommy :D

well done mate happy driving . what sort of indicators did you put on and mirror just waiting for date at chadderton myself :o so any help on anything wood be good

Guest tommy holly
well done mate happy driving . what sort of indicators did you put on and mirror just waiting for date at chadderton myself :o so any help on anything wood be good

Hi graham, used standard rh indicators which should be within 400mm of the rear of the car, i extended them using inch plastic overflow pipe, but i made mine to long and they vibrated to much. shortened to the right length and they where fine. I used yamaha r1 side mirrors and a racetech rearview mirror from demon tweaks which had to be radioused to 2.5mm. The best way is to file it down to the mirror and then glue p trim around the edge.

P.S. If you get Jeff hes fair. But hardley any pass first time.

Best of luck

Tommy

Hi graham, used standard rh indicators which should be within 400mm of the rear of the car, i extended them using inch plastic overflow pipe, but i made mine to long and they vibrated to much. shortened to the right length and they where fine. I used yamaha r1 side mirrors and a racetech rearview mirror from demon tweaks which had to be radioused to 2.5mm. The best way is to file it down to the mirror and then glue p trim around the edge.

P.S. If you get Jeff hes fair. But hardley any pass first time.

Best of luck

Tommy

cheers tommy got date trough to day 24 feb bricking all ready i have the led light from rh which ones do you have if same as mine how did you get them to the right angle or did you use the ones from rh standard so it won't be long before your out in your now happy motoring

what year did you put on vin plate thanks for the jeff thing

Well done mate,

Got my test date toay for 24th Feb, so will be worrying until the big day.

Hopefully mine goes as smooth as yours!

cheers

Terry :D

hi tazzman me too bricking it only recived letter yesterday morrning 8.00am test at chadd weel all the best

Guest tommy holly
cheers tommy got date trough to day 24 feb bricking all ready i have the led light from rh which ones do you have if same as mine how did you get them to the right angle or did you use the ones from rh standard so it won't be long before your out in your now happy motoring

what year did you put on vin plate thanks for the jeff thing

Standard RH lights, Just take some tools and he will let you set them up there, 2009 on the vin plate

Best of luck TOMMY

Guest shagster

:D Well done tommy :D

I can see the big grin from here.

Thats another one for the north west crew,

Who was your tester, I had a chap called john hine, top bloke.

Well done .

Mike.