Club Expansion

Guest gdc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a member and not a Hood owner but we visit this site regularly

my views:

1) Any publicity is good publicity (well within reason!!)

2) Mitch regularly puts out mailshots that keep us informed of what is happening - have never replied as I figured it would just clutter up his mail box

3) I have acces to vinyl cutters, a small engraving machine which handles metal look plastic -[eg appears to be brushed alu but is softer and quicker to engrave] and also a dye sublimation machine which is used for printing on mugs, t shirts, perspex and polyester coated metal - this is an ink that bonds to surface leaving it smooth. Happy to help if we can on the basis of no commercial gain by ourselves but this would be a "spare time " activity rather than an overnight service

atb

Mike

Can vouch for the friendliness and approachability of the club and members, best £15 i've spent (apart from a night on the beer in Prague!) :D :D

I think this is a good idea. If a plate is the way forward, then it might be worth considering making it large enough to cover the fuel filler cap hole on the rear panel. This would serve a dual function of covering up a hole and save you between 60-90 quid on having to buy another filler cap if you need to change (or are considering changing) the filler position. Just a thought though.

Either way, gets my vote, good idea Graham :good:

Al

Bumper sticker for your tin-top/daily car or kit car only?

if it went on the tin top would it confuse or add interest ?

mayby the plate or sticker would need to say more than just the web address , mayby add a 7 pic to it

to add info ,is it starting to get too big now though .?

I'd suggest a common sticker that would work on both Hood and tin-top. Maybe similar to the one Philshelton's is wearing with a simplified line-drawing of a seven and the web address below. Size-wise well that's a subject for experimentation. I also wonder about a side view of a seven but that's a bit more difficult to do in vinyl because unless you've got really fancy kit it needs to be a plain silhouette and the side profile isn't quite so easily recognisable.

If anyone has or can create a suitable silhouette of a seven and can send it to me I can produce some samples in vinyl to have a play with.

Mr chairman - if you've got an idea what you want on your roll-bar let me know along with sizes and colour and I'll sort that out too and arrange to get it to the next Poachers meet.

There are a couple of us with vinyl cutters in the club I think so we should be able to get a reasonable quantity made without taking up huge amounts of anyone's time for pretty much the cost of the materials (and maybe a free beer or two when circumstances allow).

Iain

Guest Ian & Carole
might as well stick with club logo then? Something like

For my money Mats' one does every thing we want, nice and clear.

I feel sure that when Stephen returns from eating New Yorks supply of burgers he will come up with something from his office.

He already has the art work on his system from when I did the keyrings last year and Steve used it for the mugs at christmas.