Front Indicators

st3v3nw

The 2Bs where supplied with some metal strips ( about 3mm thick 25mm wide and 140mm long with a 10mm hole each end) which were bent into a flat U shape about 60mm long. These fit between to light and car, I fitted edge trim along the long edges and used pipe insulation to fill the void and taped over with black pvc tape to make it look better. The bolts for the inside will need to be drilled through to pass the wires through so get some cheap soft bolts from B&Q.

Good luck

Jez

post-50-1238106590_thumb.jpg

hi

please dont think im being negative , but if you are not in the system for sva then all the rules may change

and the rules arnt finilised yet .

if you are then good luck with it .

graham

What have people done to extend the front indicators for SVA?

This is my very last job now!

Cheers

hi me and my mate taff have used a bit ob ally and made it longer and put heat shrink on it . but we did seperate the light part from the black mold part and added the ally there .and with the heat shrink lookes better than the bit off metal that you bend .have you sent for sva yet

um maybe i was lucky but i passed SVA june 07 with the same indicators directly fitted to the nose cone with no extra extensions.

are they being more strict now? I guess IVA may be different, havent had a look at the manual yet.

Mine failed on front indicators. I had them on the widest part of the nose and it still wasn't enough.

They need to be max 400mm from the widest part of the car.

Mine also failed on the supplied lights from GBS on the zero.

These were not a max 400mm from the widest part of the car as the tester measured them from the lens not the side of the lamp.

I had to re-drill the hole in the chassis to move them over.