Speedo Magnets

Snapperpaul

After knocking off all 4 magnets i was horrified to be told replacements were £4 each + VAT + delivery so i have sourced some 6mm x 1.5mm neodymium ones, they come in packs of 50 so i could do with recouping some of my outlay.

£3 for 2x magnets posted

£5 for 4x magnets posted

£7 for 6x magnets posted

Bob,

Why so many, most of us only fit 2 and adjust the guage for less pulses. It also has a benefit in that, if a magnet breaks away the speedo reads half speed, the needle is stable and does not swing madly all over the clock face as when you loose one of four.

graham b

Sorry Paul,

I got 6 spares when I bought my guage. --BUT--- I am sure there will always be a demand from others.

If you had asked I might have saved you the purchase.

Graham B

2 cars.

3 sensors.

1 spare.

2 for my new Hood speedo.....which didnt come with magnets, but I got it cheap! I was going to use the prop bolts.

2 for Rays Vette......the data logger needs 2 (& already has 1 ) on the diff pinion, but we lost the second one last weekend due to tyre shake which is a killer..seriously...my friend drives an alcohol funny car, he was knocked unconcious by tyre shake, & only came to half way up the track at tickover doing 100+

It had also ripped off the VIN plate which was fixed to thick fibreglass bodywork with 2 pop rivets. It caused all of us a bit of confusion last Friday at its usual hilarious MOT test. Me, Ray, the tester & all the hangers on looking in vain for the plate. Eventually Ray spotted two broken pop rivets and the outline where the plate used to be on the door pillar :o

And one as a backup spare.

The ignition sensor also has 4 magnets which may or may not stay in place....

PS cheque posted today...Ta Gavin..

Bob