Robin Hood Superspec Zetec First Start

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Ok well as the title suggests. at 1.30pm our zetec jumped into life :lol:

What a noise and what a feeling. Ok it is running like a bag of spanners but im just happy that it runs. And any input from the zetec guys as to how they got theirs running any better would be much appreciated.

Will post a link to some videos when i get home from work late tonight.

A Happy Happy joe

actually ive got time

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/jo...nt=MOV01826.flv

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno what you're worrying about. That runs about as good as mine! :rolleyes: :huh: :o

2.0L Blacktop, Jenveys. What size injectors? What ECU? Any mods i.e. cams etc?

Might persuade someone to send/sell their map for a similar engine. Remember their map may have cost hundreds in rolling road fees so it's a big ask for free.

Nigel

Guest boggybogstar

Thats what mine sounded like at the first start (I wish I had jenveys!!!), then it cost me an absolute fortune on multiple rolling road sessions to get right.

Theres lots on here now with the 2 ltr blacktop, jenveys, emeralds and same exhaust manifold as yours so you should be able to 'aquire' a map hopefully

PM me your email address and you can have mine for that setup (I have a few that work). Don't worry, I won't charge, but they do cost hundreds in rolling road fees to get absolutely right as Nigel says. I'd be surprised if you get one that works 100%, but we may be lucky!

Guest mac801123

Hi Jomeo69 :hi:

I have almost the same setup as you but with black jenveys and I see you have the emerald ecu, I will be getting mine set up on a rolling road soon.

If you havent got yours right when I get mine done I will send you the map...

Good job on the kit it looks great...

Thanks Mike :good:

Guest Jomeo69

Nigel.

Standard Cam, Emerald K3 ECU and the original injectors that came with the engine, I think they are a whitey beige in colour.

No Mods (yet lol)

Guest Jomeo69

Andy.

i know that i will have to go to emerald to get it fine tuned but a map to get it running a bit smoother to start with would be awesome. as i used some of ur advice from a previous thread that you commented on for Tony it only seems rite that my first question on the subject should be directed at you.

Will a different map change the injector timings as i think my injectors are firing at 0,180,0,180.

but my ignition is set up to 0,540,180,360. this is clearly way out.

should the injector be firing 360 degrees before the ignition or am i well off???

Many Thanks

Pm Sent Very Much Appreciated.

Don't worry about injector timing, it doesn't make much difference, particularly on batched injection (where these settings are right), we were clutching at straws with Tony B at the time who was trying sequential. I changed mine to see if it did anything and didn't make much difference. Its pretty constant flow when on the road anyway.

The map I send will have all that built in anyway. Just realised my work laptop has had a new hard drive and the programmes are missing so will get to you over the weekend off backup. I have a few maps, one of which was given to me kindly by Richard Hall FOC which worked OK until I had it done properly on the rollers (then finally a sterling job at Emerald).

Cheers, Andy

Guest Jomeo69

yea the zetec exhaust appears above the side chassis rail. really really close fit. so close in fact that it touches the body pannel when its fitted so some mods needed there i think.

also due to the zetec RH take out what would be the front engine mount for the rover so that would make it look a bit wierd.

joe