The British Economy

Guest Nigel Novice

Guest Nigel Novice

Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain 's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed, train civil servants up to teachers

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR (is there such a thing). Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed .

4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco / fuel a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

ps dont include MP's already retiring in great numbers soon

Viva la revolution

Guest Ian & Carole

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to simple :mellow: for the people in powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mellow:

Might just work :mellow: but we will never know...........sadly.

Pure maths B) is not an exact science :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o :o

Got my vote too, but sad to say it would be a wee bit to late for me 14 years to be presice, oh well at least i am still alive i think, pass me another whisky quick.

Mike

Guest buzzmason

Hi Nigel.... top man... you would get my vote

I would even consider moving back to the UK... especially if you could sort out the weather :rofl:

Just to let you know, its 35deg in the sun here this morning and Robina is sun bathing topless :rolleyes: :o

Guest peter2b2002

It's too simple for Darling let alone Brown to even think about doing , still we live in hope

you standing for the euro MP elections?

peter2b