Newark Show

Guest MarkB

As those that were there know, i rode shotgun in Mutleys Quantum to Newark, due to the fact that it was pissing down in style when we set out, and driving the Hood in the pissing rain lost it's appeal a good number of years ago.

This was on our way home down Woodhead pass, just gone over tha bridge with a S bend on it at about 60mph, when the bottom ball joint snapped, and the wheel deciding to turn & lock up under the bodywork.

There were then lots of problems in getting the recovery service to the location, not least the missing part of brain in Mutleys head!!

My thanks to Ian for his assistance in ferrying Mutley back & forth to a spot where there was a signal on the mobile. (3 of us with different mobile suppliers, none had a signal!!)

Neadless to say, for the last couple of days, I've been covered in oil & grease doing the repairs, although I have made him pay for his own parts (that hurt him!!)

I've got to say that once again the strength of the Quantum impressed me, there is no damage at all to the bodywork, whereas if it had been the Ford donor vehicle, I don't think we'd have got off as likely.

post-51-1245841014_thumb.jpg

Is that what's called a flat spot on the tyre? Look on the bright side. Will have cleared any tendency to constipation.

Enjoyed the show. Seemed a little smaller than in previous years but the Hoodies were there in force. Favourite moment was mid Sunday afternoon when the young ladies in black were having their pictures taken. Made Miss Newark look positively overdressed. Drove back down the M1 to overnight with Graham and confer on ST170 engines.

On the way back home just after Aylesbury I saw, for the first time ever, a Red Kite flying alongside the road. I had no idea they were back in the middle of the country.

And the car went without any dramas in the end.

Nigel

GLAD YOU SAW THE KITE

but the mapping realy didnt work :

sorry you spent lots of hardearnd

and didnt endup with a result , give us till friday to extract the map and send it .

it will. work mine does and realy well.

with a non locker diff it smokes every where .

i just know you will love the st

graham

wood agree great weekend sun beer pig more beer stu and then the cars that attended never seen so many rh in one place carnt wait till the next one to see everyone nice one to the organisers of rh also nice to see more zeros turning up :good:

First off, I have to say what a stunning set of cars you all have. It was our first time at a kit car show and I wasn’t sure what to expect but the standard was high. Thanks to a friendly family who phoned the car owner about his seats (apparently from an MR2 with belt holes added) sorry I didn't catch any names.

Really wish I'd brought my Exmo but was worried about long drive back to Hull from Silverstone on the Sunday, as it turned out it took us 3 hrs to get out of the field before the 3hr drive even started :o anyway, Saturday was top notch, a little overcast but we still got burnt lol.

I could of a fortune on bits and bobs, seats and roof but luckily I had no room in the boot.

I will defiantly be there next year!