Speedo Angle Drive & Cable

harvs

Hi

I need to get an angle drive & speedo cable for my superspec (the steep angle coming out of the MT75 gearbox means that straight cables break pretty quickly).

I've tried Speedy Cables. They are having supply problems on angle drives at the minute, so have a lead time of 3 weeks. Plus the price quoted was £110 plus postage. Ouch.

Does anyone know of other suppliers who can supply angle drives and make up cables (and maybe a little cheaper!)??

Cheers

Harvs

Thanks for the info Mike. Burtons are £110 for the drive without the cable. Wow, maybe that's the going rate for an angle drive. Surely it can't cost that much to manufacture though - just a few machined parts. For that kind of cash you can buy a brand new pedal bike - which must have slightly more machined components! Maybe it's supply and demand driving the price up :o

Cheers Guys

Europa are out of stock of the ford fitting unfortunately. I don't really fancy changing the dashboard to fit a new electronic speedo! Although, I agree it would be a better permanent solution....

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and hope that Speedy don't have any delays with getting suppliers from their new supplier....

Harvs

Thanks Peter. Unfortunately it's the mount for the gear box which is causing the sharp angle - even sharper than if it was just the tunnel side!

I've done a bit more searching and come across this company here. I'm waiting the hear back if they can make a drive for the MT75, but likely still expensive!

Harvs

Thats a good find Harvs as i have heard of them many many years ago and i think i have one of there gauges somewhere together with bike air filters , nice to know they are still tradeing.

Mike