Who Would Be Resposible

Guest Colin

Guest Noddy006

HI Colin

I asked the guy at the IVa this morning about responsibilty for the hot exhaust and somebody touching it. He said as the cars are passed and LEGALLY ON THR ROAD as authorised by the powers that be, it would not be our fault. So tough but I share your concerns.

Ian H

HI Colin

I asked the guy at the IVa this morning about responsibilty for the hot exhaust and somebody touching it. He said as the cars are passed and LEGALLY ON THR ROAD as authorised by the powers that be, it would not be our fault. So tough but I share your concerns.

Ian H

Well I am glad of that, far too much uncertainty in the blame blame claim society.

However does this not seem a bit "kin" crazy?

Silly radius`s, plastic bolt caps, the dreaded sphere and endless other petty requirements for SVA/IVA.

And a whacking red hot exhaust and pipes ?

:huh:

However does this not seem a bit "kin" crazy?

Yep, that's the kind of world we live in! Why can we drive an untested vehicle to the IVA test, but have to trailer the passed vehicle to the dvla for built up inspection......?

I agree with Ian and Eric on this one. If you have a dog and put up a beware of the dog notice you are sugesting the dog can not be trusted and if it bites someone you have to prove you did everything in your power to protect them.

Thats why most notices just say I LIVE HERE with a picture of the type of dog on it, you are not admitting that any one should beware of it.

Steve

Guest Colin
HI Colin

Ian H

Thanks to all who contributed to my question on who is responsible, it is a problem for us all but a least we seem to be aware of it, one thing that I had not thought of was as Ian says the exhaust system is legal, once again many thanks for your thoughts.

Colin