2b Nosey

Guest grahamwood1604

Guest grahamwood1604

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone living local to holmfirth, huddersfield with a completed 2b robin hood. I am slowly building one and would like to have a little nosey at a completed one to see the panels fitted, the video which came with the kit and the panels i have are a bit different and am a bit nervous about making the first cut.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks graham7

Guest grahamwood1604
hi graham i am in chapeltown sheffield if that any good? i did not build it my self but its here if you want a look cheers carl :good:

hi, yes that would be good if i could, i will pop over one weekend can't this weekend coming but maybe the sunday after if okay, let me know

thanks graham

Hi Graham,

If you are doing the rounds, more than welcome to pop over to Barnsley (Wombwell). I had to replace all the major panels so may be able to give a few pointers as well. PM me if you are interested.

Guest grahamwood1604
Hi Graham,

If you are doing the rounds, more than welcome to pop over to Barnsley (Wombwell). I had to replace all the major panels so may be able to give a few pointers as well. PM me if you are interested.

that would be great thank you, i will let you know nearer the time to let you know what day i can come, its probably gonna be not this sunday 26th but the sunday after if your around, the problem i have are the side panels meeting by the front suspension, mine seems to meet before the steering and suspension whereas on the video the panel pushes right upto the top suspension mounting mine's shorter and the front panel is longer, bit scared to make the first cut until i have seen one already done

thanks graham

Guest grahamwood1604

is there any chance that you could take a photo of the side panels, particularly the front panel by the wishbone, steering etc.. to see where they meet just so i know that they are the same type as mine, been checking through my paperwork and mine is a 2b, i believe there are a few different 2b types so just to know if same as mine. if you could do a photo you could send to me via email graham_wooduk@btinternet.com

thanks graham

Graham,

I'm busy fitting the side panels, bonnet, scuttle and rear wings on my 2B wishbone at the moment. I've been posting photos on my website as I go along - there's no captions but most are pretty obvious. The link is here:

http://www.oldschoolannexe.com/photos/inde...p?album=0000%2F

If you're not sure what model yours is, there's a Robin Hood spotters guide on the very useful North West Owners site:

http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Richard.

Hi Graham,

As Richard has stated there are different types of suspension set ups for the 2b. Both Mine and Carls are the sliding pillar suspension, however the front and side panels should be the same regardless, just with different cut outs you will need to make to allow for the wish bone brackets/ suspension arms. I will try and get some photo's posted later showing you how mine fit.

Guest Getting There

Hi

I live in Lockwood and my car is kept at Hudds uni if you want to have a look drop me a pm and ill send you my number.

Cheers

Chris

Guest grahamwood1604
Hi

I live in Lockwood and my car is kept at Hudds uni if you want to have a look drop me a pm and ill send you my number.

Cheers

Chris

if i could that would be apprectiated

thanks graham