Steering Column

codo

Hi Guys,

In my haste to order some parts from Rally Design I added a steering boss to my order, thinking that I'll need it at some point!!

When I received my goodies I thought I would just check the steering boss, only to find that the bolt on the end of the steering column would not fit. The steering column I have was supplied by GBS as part of a donor pack and is of the adjustable type.

Looking at the Haynes manual, it should look like this:

Sierra Steering Column

But mine looks like this one:

My Steering Column

Now the big question is, was there two types of Sierra Column or is mine from something else?

As mentioned earlier, I have a big blue bolt on the end of the steering column, when Haynes says I should have a shaft for a nut. Do I need a different steering boss or column?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan

I have sent you a message please send me your contact details for me to send you some pictures to large to post here.

Just thinking have you pushed the shaft up as it is spring loaded, or have they sent you the wrong centre boss?

Regards

Martin.

Guest andydav
Hi Guys,

In my haste to order some parts from Rally Design I added a steering boss to my order, thinking that I'll need it at some point!!

When I received my goodies I thought I would just check the steering boss, only to find that the bolt on the end of the steering column would not fit. The steering column I have was supplied by GBS as part of a donor pack and is of the adjustable type.

Looking at the Haynes manual, it should look like this:

Sierra Steering Column

But mine looks like this one:

My Steering Column

Now the big question is, was there two types of Sierra Column or is mine from something else?

As mentioned earlier, I have a big blue bolt on the end of the steering column, when Haynes says I should have a shaft for a nut. Do I need a different steering boss or column?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan

Your picture of the steering column with the blue bolt looks exactly like mine, which came off a K reg 2.0 GL Sierra. I have the boss that came with my 2b kit and it fits with no problem. Hope it helps.

Regards

Andy

My Sapphire came with the bolt type column ( adjustable) . the Mountney boss fits as well as with the nut.

Just be careful when wiring as on one side I believe the circuits changed.

Graham B.

Guest smartfazer

I have the Adjustable column with the blue bolt and Mountey Boss.

However, I have been pondering over how the horn will work as I have no adapter ring with the boss kit (from GBS).

Guest Ian & Carole
However, I have been pondering over how the horn will work as I have no adapter ring with the boss kit (from GBS).

The ring comes off the Sierra wheel, its not part of the Mountey Boss. :o