A Couple Of Questions

Guest MarkB

Right a couple of bits i could do with info on.....

1) If anybody has Gaz Shocks on a 2b+ could they possibly give me the specs of the ones they purchased

2) i appreciate my wheels are 6.5j running 205 tyres... but... has anyone found the front arches to be a bit slim?

3) has anyone got any detailed pics of how they built the boot area and lid on a 2b+

much appreciated any info given

Mark B)

Hi Mark,

:hi:

I'm not too far from you if you want to pop around. I can show you how I have done my boot area and also show you the Gaz coil overs I have on the rear.Sorry car's on SORN at the moment otherwise I could have bought it around.

PM me if you are interested. :p

Cheers

Terry

Can't help with the first two questions but as far as the boot goes ....

A bit of carpentry:

Boot-wood.jpg

Cover in place (there is a welded 3/4 inch angle iron frame supporting the hole):

BootCoverWood.jpg

Finished product, all nicely trimmed!

Boot.jpg

Hope this helps!

Rich

Hi Mark,

I've dug out the invoice from Dampertech for my shocks;

Springs are 1.9 x 8 x 300 front, 1.9 x 10 x 300 rear.

Dampers are; 130/090 B12 front, 160/105 B12 rear.

These were as recomended by Dampertech.

Give them a call they're in Brampton-en-le-Morthern, S Yorks.

Cheers

Graham

thanks for all the speedy info folks, i really appreciate it.

Terry ..............i may just take you up on that offer.

Rich................. fantastic, liking that boot alot!

graham.............. i never realised Dampertech were any where near Sheffield, the amount of times i drive past their place and i have never noticed them, thanks

Woolly...... cheers for that, might have to give GBSC a tinkle on monday

Hi Mark, Dampertech are on the main road, opposite a pub(can't remember the name :drinks: ) I was thinking about getting stiffer springs on mine, but took Dave at Dampertech's advice to stick with what he recommended. Happy I did!!

I'm sorry I've got no pictures of how I did my boot, but you're welcome to have a look round it. If you're looking for a quick fix, just do the cover and leave the insides until after IVA, it gives a better view to Mr IVA!!

Nick

Guest old_timbo

My 2B was originally fitted with 8" wide arches over 205 tyres. They were too small, so I got hold of some 9" arches which are just right and allowed me to make some better mudguard stays. See my photo's in the forum garage.

Tim

Hi Mark Damper tech opposite The RISING DEER at Brampton sound guy to deal with ,sorted me out with front springs and rear shocks . from your buddy? mower man :good: :crazy: :clapping:

the Rising deer..... well done that man, i was trying to think about that one all last night, i used knock a farmers daughter off, whose farm is a few yards away from the said business's.. how are you Mick, keeping well i hope, hopefully the weather will improve so you can pop over for a saturday chat and coffee.

Guest MartinP

Mark, as many people have said, "no two Hoods are the same"

If you speak to Dave at Dampertech, he is very helpfull and will take as long as required to ensure that you get what you need rather than what you think you want :rolleyes:

Critical dimension is to have the chassis on its wheels, jack up the front end to get the wishbones at the required angle i.e. level, then measure the centres of the shock absorber mounting points. This gives the normal ride height, + / - 2" gives the stroke of the cylinder, he will also ask which engine you are going to use, to give him some idea as to the spring rating required.

hope this helps

Martin