Does Anything Fit?

Guest gixerboy600

Guest gixerboy600

I am due to collect my Zero in a few weeks time (can't wait)!!

However having read many of the posts throughout this site I am beginning to wonder how good an idea this was!

The engine doesn't fit

The bodywork doesn't fit without trimming and jigging about

The diff doesn't fit without bespoke spacers

I don't wnt to sound negative but I am no welder or chassis fabricator and would have hoped that simple stuff like above would well fit!

Perhaps I am just getting aprehensive pre build with a bit of self doubt creeping in, it's not as if I havn't built a kit before.

Any way bring on collection date, garage is nearly ready and toolkit is virtually organised

Chin up son! If you wanted an overgrown meccano model you should have bought a Westfield! Making everything fit is all part of the fun - and will give you a much greater sense of satisfaction when it's all done and dusted.

Whatever grief you come up against someone will have already struggled with and overcome ... and written down on this forum.

Believe! ;)

No, No, No.....

It's a doddle to do, it just requires patience and attention to detail. Pick a job to do and do it, don't sidetrack on to something shiny or rush so you can see a big difference for your toils of the day.

Remember, your welcome to pop over and see mine in the flesh, kettle's always on. Bring a notebook and your camera if you wish.

Diff spacing can be done with washers if you want......... GBS do it that way. Panels don't need trimming much if you just want a fit, but they do if you want a good clean fit (me being finicky!)

You'll breeze it mate. :good:

Nick.

Guest gixerboy600
No, No, No.....

It's a doddle to do, it just requires patience and attention to detail. Pick a job to do and do it, don't sidetrack on to something shiny or rush so you can see a big difference for your toils of the day.

Remember, your welcome to pop over and see mine in the flesh, kettle's always on. Bring a notebook and your camera if you wish.

Diff spacing can be done with washers if you want......... GBS do it that way. Panels don't need trimming much if you just want a fit, but they do if you want a good clean fit (me being finicky!)

You'll breeze it mate. :good:

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Definately planning to call over at some point soon for a butchers!! I just have too much time on my hands at the minute and a good deal of it seems to be taken up thinking of the pending build!

Sorry to be negative, can't wait really!!!

Cheers

John

Guest Getting There

Hi

Ian, I am just on with a zero at the moment after building a 2B. The zero is a million times better than the 2B, and as someone wrote on here.... if you can build a 2B you can build anything.

On the aero everything so far seems to fit fine, there are a few little bits that need altering but no where near to the extent of the 2B.

Cheers

Chris

Guest oddsocks
I am due to collect my Zero in a few weeks time (can't wait)!!

However having read many of the posts throughout this site I am beginning to wonder how good an idea this was!

The engine doesn't fit

The bodywork doesn't fit without trimming and jigging about

The diff doesn't fit without bespoke spacers

I don't wnt to sound negative but I am no welder or chassis fabricator and would have hoped that simple stuff like above would well fit!

Perhaps I am just getting aprehensive pre build with a bit of self doubt creeping in, it's not as if I havn't built a kit before.

Any way bring on collection date, garage is nearly ready and toolkit is virtually organised

I know what you mean mate i've got a zero and its doing my head a bit. Not so much the build but nothing seems to fit right and now i havent got enough bolts!!

But its good when you do finish one job and then move on to the next and start seeing it come together. Just take your time and dont rush it. And do what i do-take a couple of wks off from it if it starts doing your head in-know it will take long er to finish but you wont go mad and you'll still have hair!!! :lol:

But im sure it will be great when you finish it-Not many can say that they have built a car!!

And i agree with john this site is the best tool you have-someone will have been throught it and found a solution so just ask away i know i have!

J

I'm only down the road so if you need refocusing on the build any time give me a shout.rhsc.gif

I will pick you up and remind you what you are doing it for.biggrin.gif

If I can be of any help give me a shout.

Derek.

Guest Ian Marr
Hi

Ian, I am just on with a zero at the moment after building a 2B. The zero is a million times better than the 2B, and as someone wrote on here.... if you can build a 2B you can build anything.

On the aero everything so far seems to fit fine, there are a few little bits that need altering but no where near to the extent of the 2B.

Cheers

Chris

Having seen the Zero kit at shows I thought it looked better. Better get mine finished so I can get a zero underway ;) (hushed tones so Ally does not hear :shok: )