Robbin' B#$£@rds!

Guest ash

after the cold snap we had last sunday night my tin-tops (mk3 astras) battery finally gave up the ghost :ph34r:

not a great problem except i now need to put the code back in the stereo. at the moment its in "safe"mode :huh:

I looked thro the minimal paperwork(got the car at an auction) to see if i can find the code with no joy. <_<

so off i pop to my friendly local vauxhall main dealer who informs me that to look up the code on their system will cost me £25 +VAT :gdit:

does anyone know of a web-site which could supply the relevent info or a retailer with a more reasnoble fee??

thanx

ash ;)

Doesn't resetting these things involve performing a series of ridiculously complicated actions?

To reset your radio after a disruption in the power supply:

Turn ignition to position 2, open the sunroof, sound the horn three times, open the passenger side window, check the engine oil level, peform a windscreen wash/wipe for exactly 7.2 seconds, close the passenger door window, open the driver door window, sound the horn 2 times, turn ignition to position 1, close the sunroof, fully extend the aerial, open the glove box, slide the drivers seat to it's furthest position, adjust the rear view mirror, turn ignition to position 2, change a tyre, press the 'power-on' button on your stereo.

This procedure must be performed in the correct order and in no more than 27 seconds. Failure to meet this criteria will cause the radio to self destruct.

You should now be able to re-enter your four digit security code*

*available from our helpline**

**calls charged at £17.92 per second***

***to help us process your enquiry, please have your 4 digit security code handy.

:wacko:

Guest Daren.F

Try a local second hand shop, they advertise radio decoding and mobile phone unblocking, They require proof of ownership but having the radio is usualy all the proof they need. last time I saw an advert it was £5 for a radio £10 for a Phone and if you have £25 they will probably steal one to order! :D

Hi

We had an Astra in the garage last week with the same problem, it will be worth taking the unit out and checking the case for the number before going too far, five mins and it was playing Mozart like never before !!!

It's worth a try.

Rob

Guest Scottedog

hi

a friend of mine had this problem a couple of years ago and was told if he was in the AA they would find out for free..

might be different now..?

maybe worth a try.

Scott