Alloy Welding

speedtripledan

Guest loopyonion

I assume it's off the car, and if you fancy a trip to ST Helens I can put some weld on it for you..! To do it on the car would be possible but very dangerous. The heat generated is insane!

Cheers

steve

I assume it's off the car, and if you fancy a trip to ST Helens I can put some weld on it for you..! To do it on the car would be possible but very dangerous. The heat generated is insane!

Cheers

steve

No still on the car as it is only a very minor weep, what really pee's me off is the fact ive only just put the engine back in.

st helens is a bit far but thanks for the offer

Guest loopyonion

Ok, thought of a solution for you that may get you through summer if your lucky..

Maybe cowboyish but, saves a lot of hassle, and I have used this repair on a cracked motorcycle engine.

Clean the area, and key the metal as good as you can, create a little trench down the crack like you were doing a fillet weld, then soak in thinners to remove all oil you can, even blowtorch to get the oil out the surface.

Make sure you've drained the oil though.

Apply a really good liquid metal, unibond or a good expoxy metal.

It's a get me home style fix, but it may get you a few months till you can get it welded.

Cheers

Steve.