The V8 Lives!

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

After a full day fitting the rv8 and type 9 gearbox saturday, (cheers steve and rich for coming over to help :good: )

i rigged it all up for a test run before plumbing it all in etc.

well.......i didnt expect it to fire on the first turn!! i s£$t myself and turned it off pronto!!.

so after calming down and with a huge grin on my face i started it up again and gave it a bit of throttle! awesome noise!!!!!!!! just the manifolds on at the moment but it just sounded like a monster!!

so off to carry one with the plumbing etc!

cheers

Jase.

Good effort Jase, bet you've got an aching face from all the grinning now :D

It was good to work out in the sunshine instead of being stuck in a dark garage for a change 8)

now get cracking and get it finished for Stoneleigh

Too much information Jase!! :p

I'm missing a V8 already and your NOT helping!! lol.

Seriously though mate, cracking effort with the engine.

It looked fantastic in your last pics, a credit too you Jase.

Nick.

Guest Tim Norman

Welcome to the "Club"! There isn't a sound like it. Was out in mine on Saturday picking some bits up for the upgrade to injection. I can hardly hear the engine when cruising, but as soon as the loud pedal hits the carpet....................................................................... :shok: . The horizon has all on staying in front! And then, the vacuum secondaries open! Will the type 9 take the torque? If "Shaft" had anything to do with that engine then it won't be standard.

Guest jetskijase

nigel, its on my cupboard!! fill gearbox! amongst other lists of things left to do!!

Tim, yes i'am using the the block crank and cam from shaft, which i have a sneaky suspicion it isnt standard! says rs 262 scribed in the end, maybe a real steel 262 viper hurricane cam ???????

i will just have to see about the type 9, but the yellow v8 bazwaz? was running a type 9 for ages, but i will start saving for a bgh upgrade box, was nice to keep the prop mounts etc the same.

oh ..and no dumping the clutch at the lights!!

cheers!!

jase.

off to garage again for a quick start!!!