Adjusting Zeemeride Shocks

harvs

Hi

I want to lower the rear suspension a little on my superspec (after I've added a sump guard!). The back of the car feels pretty hard going over bumps (the front feels OK) and it looks to sit a little high too. So hopefully lowering it a bit will make it a little smoother.

I've got zeemeride shocks at the minute. I know - I should really replace them... but I'd have to fav around fabricating new fixings etc and I want to enjoy the car over the summer :D

Anyway, I measured the internal diameter of the springs and they looked to be 1.9 inch, so I bought a 1.9 inch C spanner. But it doesn't seem to fit. Can anyone confirm what spanner I need before I go and waste any more £?

Cheers

Harvs

Guest Ian & Carole

Harvs

IIRC it's another Tricky design :rolleyes: a one off so your options are make your own out of some flat plate or in true Hoody style stilsons!! B) :o

There might be a member on here who has made one they might lend if you are lucky.

Guest chris brown

I'm afraid as with lots of hoodie things it’s a case of making your own. It's not difficult a piece of 4 or 5mm steel, hacksaw, angle grinder and about 2 hours of time. Not that it takes 2 hours but you have to factor in coffee brakes and the time you are thinking "there must be an easier way to do this"

Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess from my hoody experience so far I should have known it wouldn't be straight forwards!

Think I'll give a stilson a go. If there's not room for one I'll get the angle grinder out (to make a tool, not to grind them off :D )

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi, made my own spanners out of 5mm plate about 250mm in lenght. You need to make the jaw of the spanner 60mm across the flats, to fit around the flats of the large nuts. Cheers Neil.