Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

Guest Tim Norman

RHSC have seen the designs and have said."All the badges look fantastic, however, RHSC are heavily legally bound not to use the figure 7 in any way so that one is a definite no no. I would also remind you that Caterham do own the copyright to the figure 7 so could take action against anyone using it."

So if you take off the 7 and any reference to Robin Hood Sports Cars etc they will be ok.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pete Jordan

Good point Mat! I understand that we cannot use the 7 Tim but surely RHSC might agree to us making a badge that still says Robin Hood Sportscars on it? Otherwise as Mat says, there's nothing left. It must be worth asking RHSC, surely?

Pete

The desgins are great, but given the legal minefield surely the issue is best avoided. The club already has an identity - a name, and a couple of logos. If it's a club supplied badge then it should contain the club's name and the club's logo.

Of course, if a group of individuals want to tread the legal and political minefield that is the number 7 and the letters RHSC then that's up to them, but surely it doesn't make sense for the organisation that is RHOCAR to be involved.

Just trying to avoid potential trouble.

Personally I have a set of RHSC badges about to be fitted to my 2B ... and they came for free because when I ordered them I told them how much fun I was having with my car. Apparently they'd had a day of grumbling and complaining about looms and coilovers that day and my positive e-mail cheered them up! :rolleyes:

Ant

Guest Bob Rowell

B*-*-*-s charged me £5 for my 2 badges!.

Pete, if you are able to eventually order some badges, put me down for 6 of No3 (purely to be used on my car when it is parked in my garage and for my own personal enjoyment).

Failing this I will have to consider putting on one of my collection of genuine Lotus badges (I would rather be sued by Lotus than CateringVan(sorry I mean Caterham))

Since Caterham claim to have copyright on the number 7, does this mean that Austin Seven owners have to remove their badges?

:D i guess pilgrim sumo owners had better watch out then,the japanese wresling assosiation will be after them......on a serious note why bother a hood is your hood make it your own,no one can copyrite your name :p

Guest TerryBarry

Pilot's name on the side Rizla ?

Top Gun style you will need your rank as well.

Are you going to have those little silhouettes of the cars you've blown away :D

Terry

Since Caterham claim to have copyright on the number 7, does this mean that Austin Seven owners have to remove their badges?

Chapman used the Austin seven as the donor car, and gave the finished car the Lotus 7 name.

how about having the letter "L" in the middle of the badge and printing robin hood upside down?? :p

as most of us havn't been driving our beasts very long it would be a polite reminder to other motorists that we are still learning to tame them:lol: ;)

post-5-1077838757.jpg