Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nick B.

This is interesting as I work in the Sign/print industry.

One of our customers has the right machine for producing adhesive domed badges and can also print spot colours such as silver/gold.

I have just spoken to him on the phone and he says quantity and number of different types is not an issue as they are printed digitally so it doesnt matter too

much about varying artwork as long as there are a suitable quantity of each (say, at least 20 of each design).

I would be pleased to help out on this one if I can. Just for information we also print Banners, Flags, and other promotional items.

Guest Pete Jordan

Well guys thank you for your enthusiastic responses but I'm afraid there may be some problems with the designs I have put forward. Apparently we aren't allowed to put a badge with a "7" on it on our cars and secondly Robin Hood don't like us putting any badge other than their's on our cars (how many of us have already done that I wonder?).

Obviously I am not familiar with the previous legal wranglings of RH and Caterham and was certainly not aware that RHSC had some control over what badges we can put on our cars, so I stand corrected. I don't know where we go from here. I can easily change the "7" for a RHSC logo but it appears there may still be objections from RHSC themselves. Perhaps we should lobby RHSC to produce a better badge or perhaps I or the club officials could test the waters with them to see if they would mind us producing our own RHSC badge. Can the club officials let us know their opinions please?

Pete

RESPONSE from Mick M - We will discuss the proposal and make enquiries to Richard but in the mean time please dont go taking risks with the good relationships we have managed to forge with RHSC - there has been a lot of strain over previous years and we now enjoy a good and friendly relationship. Something like this could upset the apple cart - please do not do anything to progress this until the Club has had the chance to test the water first - We will speak to RHSC during the Stafford show weekend and report back here - Mick M

Guest TerryBarry

When you go to the kit car shows there are a load of "Italian Replicas" on display.

Hiding underneath a lot of them is an old MR-2

The only genuine things on some of them are the badges.

I often expect to see burly men wearing dark glasses and healthly tans remonstrating with the owners

Although I know that my local dealership needs proof of ownership before they will order such items from Maranello.

Cheers,

Terry

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Too true - a friend of mine has a Ferrari Daytona and an F355 replica. Both are fitted with genuine Ferrari badges from a Ferrari dealer - I doubt they are too worried as long as they are getting paid for them - they certainly didn't question him as to what car he was planning to fit them to when he went in with a rather large sum of cash!

I, for one, will put whatever badges I want on my car.....After all, it is a 7 replica (Or will be when I get around to finishing it!)

Peter

Personally, if you could order the badges I'l send you a cheque +postage

for my 6 of style no 3

And when I receive them, it really is down to me what I do with them.

and while I'm about it I think I shall order a matching 7 grill from Europa!!!

By the way 80's Caterham's had model numbers of series 3,not 7!!!!

Also if the number 7 is copyrighted by Caterham,does that not mean that

BMW should'nt be using it????

My witterings over

Cheers Ian :D :rolleyes: :lol:

I have no idea how RHSC can stop anyone putting whatever badges they want to on a car once it's been bought.

I can appreciate that RHOCAR might not want to get involved in the "illegal" badge action, to keep on the right side of RHSC, but surely if you're determined to "re-badge" the car, there's bugger all they can do about it.

Steve

Reading between the lines Robin Hood probably dont care what badges we put on our cars (he knows his are little downmarket) they just have to appear that they do. I assume that is true for the organiser of this fantastic site also.

However I will put the badges I like on my car and will tell anybody who is interested that it is a Robin Hood inspired by the famous 7 style car. Sue me if you can!

i think one way round the legal argument is to sell them with the disclaimer that they are not to be mounted on a car, that way the seller is protected, and the individual can do as they please afterwards. If any lawyer types know different please correct me. certainly the last time i wanted to buy a non standard number plate for my motorbike i ordered it over the phone, and the only proviso was that i told the seller i was going to use it for display purposes only. Et voila, two days later i had a nice old style black and silver number plate, and as it was not technically sold as such, i didn't have to bother driving up to manchester with proof of id/ bike ownership. Makes a bit of a mockery of the governments crack down on car cloning, but then what legislation has the government ever thought through properly. ;)

simon