Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

Guest mickmellors

HMMMM - the design with the car will be the one that has a copyright which belong to RHOCAR ! ! !

SURELY NO-ONE is planning on doing the dirty on their own Club and using copyright designs without the Clubs permission - ARE THEY ? ! ? !

It all seems like a pretty good idea to me, but I think the sensible thing to do at this stage is for everyone to wait until the Club Committee has had chance to speak to RHSC at Stafford show and see what can be done. I will report back to this forum after Stafford show.

In the mean time I urge you all NOT to do or say anything derogatory about RHSC as we have gone a long way to forging links and mending previously broken bridges with the 'Factory' and I would not be very happy if these links are put in jeopardy.

I would also suggest there are no more invitations such as '....sue me ...' - someone might just do it ! !

Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

Very best regards to one and all - Mick M

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick

As far as I cam see ,no one has said anything derogatory about RHSC,

all thats been suggested is a design of badge which has been offered to members

as an alternative to the one offered by RHSC,the only subject of debate has been

the implications of possible copyright infringement by using a 7 as part of the design.

As was suggested by myself earliar,I am going to send a cheque to Pete Jordan

so that I can order 6x No 3,and this arrangement is /will be a private deal and

as such should be of no concern to RHSC or RHOCAR committee as what I do with

the badges is my business and nobody elses.

Please do'nt take offence.

Cheers Ian

Guest Pete Jordan

All,

thanks to Mick for his comments. I think it is entirely sensible to wait until the club officials have had an opportunity to talk to RHSC at the Stafford Show. I do not intend to do anything further until I hear back from Mick apart from gathering together the names of all those interested and perhaps refining the designs a bit. The Main thoughts in my mind are:

1. If the badge did not have a "7" on it RHSC might not have any objections to us producing it.

2. If a badge with a "7" on it did not have Robin Hood Sportscars on it, as the badge below, would that be a problem for RHSC. As far as I can see there is no copyright on “Robin Hood” (part of our national heritage!) and RHSC would not be associated with the badge so the only people who might gripe would be Caterham, but not with RHSC.

I look forward to hearing what RHSC have to say after the show Mick.

Regards

Pete

post-5-1078050701.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AWhite

I bought a metal badge with a 7 on it from Caterham themselves for my nose cone.

I didn't want anything saying "Caterham" on it so I got a nice shiny black and silver one that reads "super 7" looks great against the yellow nose cone. Caterham sold me the badge and didn't ask what I was going to do with it.

NOTE: These badges are 22.50 and come with a bolt on the back to fix it through something.

If you want one I got it from Caterham online

Blacknoseconebadge.jpg

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Well Stafford show has long been and gone!!!!!

Has the committe discussed with RHSC the issue of bonnet badges

and if so what was the outcome??????

Cheers Ian

Tim

It was discussed and responded to very early on in this thread.

Where?????

The last comment was from Mick Mellors 28/2/04 08:55pm

It all seems like a pretty good idea to me, but I think the sensible thing to do at this stage is for everyone to wait until the Club Committee has had chance to speak to RHSC at Stafford show and see what can be done. I will report back to this forum after Stafford show.

Cheers Ian

Guest Captain Daz

I find all this quite amazing when the Cobra replica boys can freely buy all manner of Cobra badges and marks and these are direct copies of the originals. To top it all these are sold by mainstream car parts dealers.

I can't believe a club with about 800 members can't design their own badge and use it. I know we have to be careful of laws but it does bug me that Caterham and other companies are allowd to trade mark numbers. As long as someone doesn't try to pass off a Hood as a Caterham what's the problem?

As for RHSC, they must remember that they sell a basic (and I mean very basic) kit. Most of the finishing is deliberately left to the builder in order to make each car individual. Perhaps they need to listen to what is being said here and perhaps join in with us in order for a new badge to be designed or maybe even give a choice of badges. As you can see above Caterham do.

Cheers

Daren

PS. Let's keep it in perspective. It's hardly lung cancer is it? So what if we make our own badges. I'm happy to take responsibility for my actions and have the badge removed if necessary.

Daren

Well said!!!!!!!!

To Peter Jordan

I think you should get the names together,off board ,privately and get

the badges ordered.

As personally I'm not going to be censored as to what I stick on my car

Guest Pete Jordan

When I first brought this subject up there was a lot of discussion about what can and cannot be put on the badges and Mick Mellors quite sensibly said that we should not jump the gun but should allow the committee to talk to Richard Stewart at the Stafford Show and that they would then report back to us. I have been waiting patiently for some comments to the committee but none have been forthcoming to date. I have even e-mailed Mick through the RHOCAR Community. I cannot confirm he actually received my e-mail but I have yet to receive any reply. So I am still waiting patiently to find out what we can and cannot do before I take any action. Did the issue get dicussed at the Stafford Show? If so what are the results of the discussion? I am going to the Detling Show this weekend so the matter was not resolved at the Stafford show maybe we can talk to Richard Stewart about it (if he is there) and get this show on the road.

On the subject of the "7" Big Jim sent me a link to a thread in the Caterham Owners Club forum in which they were talking about Caterham threatening to take action against Caterham owners who referred to other similar cars as "sevens" on the website. If they will go after Caterham owners for that then who knows what they would do if we put a "7" on our badge! Food for thought.....

Pete

Guest ian luxford

pete

i know what you are saying but surely all they can do is make me take the badge off my car?? there is nothing stopping me buying a caterham badge and putting it on my car (or a ferrari for that matter) so if they take offence to my home made badge ( cos i wouldnt know where it came from! ;) ) i cant see there's a lot they can do

i dont want to upset any of the commitee on this matter and i know they are inbetween a rock and a hard place with this one but i think all we are asking for is an badge that we can put on our cars and be proud of!

phew thank god i have had a easy day today!

thanks for what you are doing pete

Surely the point to all of this is "yes" - anyone can put what they like on their cars, but "no" - the organisation rhocar cannot be seen to approve or encourage anything related to such a tentative subject.

Ant