Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Captain Daz

I get so p****d off with companies these days. It's not as if we're all off to make millions out of the badges. I'm sure no one would mistake our cars for Caterhams (no-one that matters anyway) and if anyone asks me if it's a Caterham I am only too pleased to put them right.

As for the badges......I think they're great. What about all those fake snakes with Cobra badges! A nice twist would be Robin Hood at the top, model (e.g. 2B, S7) at the bottom and initials in the middle. I guess that's getting too complicated though. There must be somewhere that does small batches on a computer.

Well done for the idea though. The whole ethos of these cars is to make them individual and when it comes to legallity, I think Richard should take a long hard look at his build videos and some of the bodges to get through SVA!!

One last thing. The badge on my car says Robin Hood Engineering. Do they exist anymore? If not shouldn't we all chage to RHSC badges now?

Cheers

Daren

I think we should write out the cheques to Pete Jordan,

get him to order the badges,hopefully type 3.

And then what we do with them is surely mine/our business.

Lets get the ball rolling and get the badges ordered,

I would suggest also that we each PM Peter with our order

to keep this off the forum,as its obviously frowned on by some.

IMHO

Cheers Ian

Guest Tim Norman

I was making the point on behalf of RHSC and the Club. You as individuals are free to do what ever you want, they are your cars. The club though won't be selling them. So do as suggested and send your cheques to Peter.

Guest Bob Rowell

Thanks Tim, I think we all understand your position. I will send a PM to Pete and see where we go from there.

If Pete cannot take it any further, then I think the badges Mike has displayed hold some merit. I would be quite happy to have the car one on my S7.

Guest Pete Jordan

Can I suggest that any of you that want to discuss this post further with me send a personal message to me with your e-mail address on it so that we can take it further without any embarassment to the club. I think that we may have to lose the seven but I am sure we can come up with something better than is currently available. So let me have your e-mail addresses and we'll get the ball rolling!

Pete

Peter

If you take the seven out I'm not interested

as I think you /we should take a stand,as I do'nt think that the number 7 can be

copyrighted,otherwise we shall be fighting off Walt Disney & Snow White.

IMHO

Cheers Ian

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest ian luxford

i am still up for 3 of 3 would want the 7 on them though i would of thought as long as i dont try selling my car as a caterham (not much chance of that its an exmo for christ sake!) it shouldnt matter. and as long as you dont try selling them at shows there isnt much they can do and even then they can only stop you making/selling anymore.

Ian/all

Quite right,the only problem would come if you tried to sell your

car claiming it was a Caterham Super Seven,which would not be the case

after all British Leyland/Austin sold a Mini called Austin Seven!!!

And as the badge Say's Robin Hood Spotscars with the number Seven in the middle,I doubt their could be a case of "Passing off"" i.e misrepresentation.

IMHO

Cheers Ian

Guest TerryBarry

I think that the Austin Seven (Mini) is a bit of a red herring.

Construction of the original Austin Seven was from 1923 to 1939

Between the major car manufacturers they must have covered all numbers from 1 upwards over the years. Morris even managed a Minor 1,000,000

BMW now own the Mini tradename - they did try enforcing this but got nowhere.

Just don't try calling your RH a "McDonald" or have a yellow M that infringes the "Golden Arches" on it. :D

Terry

Guest Pete Jordan

Something that just occurred to me; if RHSC were not allowed to call their cars Sevens then how come when I bought my Series One it was marketed as the Robin Hood Sierra Seven!?

Pete

All

You can do what ever you like with you RHSC kit once paid for ;) the law covering you is called "fair use"

Microsoft tried to stop people from reverse engineering their Xbox and using it for something it wasn't designed for!!! A good Judge soon put them right :D

When you buy something, its upto you what you do with it.

As for copyrighting a number, yer right! I'd like to see Caterham take on a telephone manufacturer for putting a 7 on every phone :( :)

Dave