Who Is Selling This Car On Ebay?!

Guest Stuartl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest julien

HI. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for posting my car on this forum....

Secondly, I think the commentary above bears no real resemblance to what I had said on my advert. Fair enough, had I of stated it was in sound mechanical condition, had the best tyres on the market, has the best interior and long MOT, then I'd of mislead. However, read my advert and I state the interior isnt good, its all original Ford. I also state the problems with the engine, and I also dont state the tyres are high performance. Motor Car enthusiasm is about personal preference. I see some of your cars on here, and whilst I can see why you prefer yours (which is why you own them), I wouldn't go for any of them apart from the enforcers RH. To me, its an excellent version. Maybe I've just seen bad examples around Bournemouth.

The price on Ebay isnt one I set. I put a reserve on it, maybe to ambitious, but if people were willing to bid up to that, then thats there business - If i;d of put a buy it now of £5000 then yes I'd of been taking the pi55. I will be relisting this, but with no reserve as I know I have no real knowledge on what these are worth and will let bidders see it out.

However, I think posting a link on here to slate off my car, when the appearance of some of yours aren;t what I would call amazing, isnt really fair - No matter how bad I thought your car was, I wouldnt make a forum on it.

I'll look forward to some constructive feedback on what you feel this is worth, as maybe I was ripped off when I bought it.

Thnk you,

The misleader...

............i think the cars fine mate ,just 1 thing.where can i get 1 of those orange induction pipe like urs.....

Guest dinger

I'll try and be constructive without meaning to offend or insult but to offer some advice (use it how you wish)

As the advert stands there is alot of content which is stretching the truth a little, misleading those people who buy cars off ebay without seeing them first, As with all adverts they have to be truthfull to the point if which the owners believes to be right, I.e, if you buy a car that says its mechanically sound and as you drive out the road the rear axle falls off, quite clearly this didnt corrode between the time in which the new owner paid for it and when they got into the car,

You have also contradicted youraelf by saying the engines are strong but forgetting you have just replaced the head gasket, If it was to replace the valve stem seals then say so as some peolpe might think it blew a headgasket and this could be down to a cooling issue,

In my opinion (and I'm intitled to one) I wouldnt state that its the best one you have seen as it looks like it needs alot of tidying in the engine bay, An engine bay can sell a car depending on how it is presented, personally I wouldnt buy it solely on your write up, not the condition of the car,

I find its not always a good idea to quote the amount of money you have spent or how much it costs to build as this makes it sound as if you are trying to convince yourself its worth more than it is, let alone a new owner, Also you say that you have spent a number of hours detailing it, then quote £10 per hour, this also sounds like you want paying for cleaning your own car,

My advice is to re write the listing with a little less infomation about costs but with more focus on the genuine good bits, May be fixing the little bits which might put a non mechanically minded person buying it, I think you would get a more realistic price for it,

The risk is, you sell it through ebay and the new owner turne up and tell you where to stick the money, An honest sale is a very rewarding sale, knowing the the new owner will be completely happy whith what they have bought for the money they paid,

Good luck

Guest Stuartl

I'll try and be constructive without meaning to offend or insult but to offer some advice (use it how you wish)

As the advert stands there is alot of content which is stretching the truth a little, misleading those people who buy cars off ebay without seeing them first, As with all adverts they have to be truthfull to the point if which the owners believes to be right, I.e, if you buy a car that says its mechanically sound and as you drive out the road the rear axle falls off, quite clearly this didnt corrode between the time in which the new owner paid for it and when they got into the car,

You have also contradicted youraelf by saying the engines are strong but forgetting you have just replaced the head gasket, If it was to replace the valve stem seals then say so as some peolpe might think it blew a headgasket and this could be down to a cooling issue,

In my opinion (and I'm intitled to one) I wouldnt state that its the best one you have seen as it looks like it needs alot of tidying in the engine bay, An engine bay can sell a car depending on how it is presented, personally I wouldnt buy it solely on your write up, not the condition of the car,

I find its not always a good idea to quote the amount of money you have spent or how much it costs to build as this makes it sound as if you are trying to convince yourself its worth more than it is, let alone a new owner, Also you say that you have spent a number of hours detailing it, then quote £10 per hour, this also sounds like you want paying for cleaning your own car,

My advice is to re write the listing with a little less infomation about costs but with more focus on the genuine good bits, May be fixing the little bits which might put a non mechanically minded person buying it, I think you would get a more realistic price for it,

The risk is, you sell it through ebay and the new owner turne up and tell you where to stick the money, An honest sale is a very rewarding sale, knowing the the new owner will be completely happy whith what they have bought for the money they paid,

Good luck

I agree with that

Guest apparent misleader

Dinger - thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated. While I agree about the engine bay, I didn't state this was in good condition and think even stated it needed tidying up. I will remove some info and add in more info on what you think should be included. Like I say, im no expert and haven't claimed to be. I just need to sell as I have no room for her anymore. I did pay a high price for her and maybe I was hard done by. However that's neither here or there.

My main reason for this post was to let the instigator know that i hadn't really misled in the way he had stated I had - the comments he was hounding me on bay with related to points i had been honest with on the listing (untidy interior, original ford dials, not mechanically sound) The piece i had said about excellent example was of the exterior. Anyway, thank you for your feedback, there are some nice people out there...

Badboy - the hosing came from a kit car performance site, I will have to dig out the details but it's a high temp hose, wasn't expensive though but adds colour to the engine bay :)

Guest Christine

My point exactly enforcer, This guy is trying to sell his car for what ever reason, any possible buyer may read these comments on this site and be put off.

all our cars are different and built to different standards budget and abillity who are we to judge ? drinks.gif

Apparent Misleader, Good on yer!

Edited by Garry

You would spend £2k on a donor???? Bearing in mind that the donor is a Sierra I'll sell you as many as you want at half that and they'll have MOT's. For £2k you're getting towards rough Cosworth territory which your's definitely isn't.

The basic kit was much less than £3k. Given the style of the rear arches it's a 2B - you also state that it's got the donor registration number which means it didn't go through SVA. Assuming nothing dodgy has gone on (someone has bought a cheap/dead Hood of some sort and transferred the ID to a 2B that they have built) that means it's one of the first batch and it was built very quickly to be registered before SVA came in and all the loopholes were closed. So the price for the kit was the introductory offer that I got mine for and that was £1500. But....... then I'd question the build date as SVA was most definitely in force by then. The position of the clocks would also seem to preclude it being one of the first batch of 2B's as they had two straight vertical tubes behind the dash in the centre, the clocks wouldn't fit between them and were supposed to be fitted above the steering column - the chassis was then changed to have the two tubes splay out above the tunnel and allow the clocks to go in the centre and for the column to be raised making getting in and out easier. I'm not saying it's definitely dodgy but there's a definite odour that I would want clearing before I parted with my hard-earned.

Time was that a Hood with an MOT was worth £3k minimum. Nowadays that's a maximum for a decent basic example and only something special will fetch more than that. It's not so much a commentary on Robin Hoods as the economy/market since these are essentially a luxury item that people can quite happily do without so those in hardship can't afford them and those who do have the spare cash to spend on a toy maybe won't just in case things get worse or carry on as badly as they have been. Performance tin-tops like your Type-R and R32 aren't quite so badly effected as they are still a practical proposition as every day transport so people will spend just that little bit extra on the hot version of a car they might have bought anyway.

Iain

Guest Christine

Iain ever watch the antques road showtheir golden rule is that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it's got nothing to do with what anything cost to build, if the guy gets 4 grand for it fair play to him, a few weeks ago a ferrari gto sold for a record 12 million it didn't cost that to build but someone was willing to pay for it. After all as with anything on Ebay if you don't want it don't bid for it.

Edited by Garry