Sierra Instruments Wiring

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

I am a bit premature (but less about that...) in already planning for my dash refit over the winter. I have the Sierra instrument pod and will be reverting back to individual dials. Having looked at the wiring in the engine bay I feel that can be tidied quite easily so dont really want to go for a new loom as everything works fine. Is there an idiot's guide to the wiring on the Sierra multiplug(s)and what type of speedo is best?

I am sure this must have been covered before...........

Guest peter2b2002

i've got smiths guages in my hood they all come with wiring diagrams and the Haynes book has all the wiring diagrams and colours, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem connecting thing together,good luck.

peter2b

Hi Stuart,

Check outNW Rhocar. Should find everything you need. :good:

I used as set of Capri clocks which I cut up and mounted in the dash, see picies below. Bit cheaper than buying a new set of individual clocks and doesn't look too bad IMHO. :acute:

post-2721-127677667152_thumb.jpgpost-2721-127677669542_thumb.jpg

Guest Stuartl

Hi Stuart,

Check outNW Rhocar. Should find everything you need. :good:

I used as set of Capri clocks which I cut up and mounted in the dash, see picies below. Bit cheaper than buying a new set of individual clocks and doesn't look too bad IMHO. :acute:

post-2721-127677667152_thumb.jpgpost-2721-127677669542_thumb.jpg

Thanks chaps! :D

Guest Ian Maycock

Stuart

you should find the link below useful in helping work out what wires are for what.

http://madmotorsport.org/Documents/dash.JPG

As for gauges I used the ETB 7 set. very good value and supplied with all you need including wiring diagrams, senders ect.

i have attcahed some pics of my dash before and after which i did last winter.

Do it its worth it.

Iggy

post-3043-127680793168_thumb.jpg

post-3043-127680794318_thumb.jpg

Guest Stuartl

Stuart

you should find the link below useful in helping work out what wires are for what.

http://madmotorsport.org/Documents/dash.JPG

As for gauges I used the ETB 7 set. very good value and supplied with all you need including wiring diagrams, senders ect.

i have attcahed some pics of my dash before and after which i did last winter.

Do it its worth it.

Iggy

Thanks Iggy, that looks great!

It always amazes me how so many people spend hours and hours building their cars and what looks like 15 minutes on the dash. The previous owner of my car refurbed the dash on mine but it still has the Sierra clocks and no disrespect to people who have them but I prefer the individual dials. I have to say to his credit, everything works and the dash lights even have a dimmer on them, very posh!

Is the ETB set the £199 ones? If so they are the ones that I was looking at, seem very reasonable.

Guest Ian Maycock

Stuart

The ETB gauges are £199 ones. I went for a couple of extras such a volt meter and blue needles at about 40ish quid more. The guys at ETB are very helpful.

you should try and get to Newark this weekend. you will get plenty of good ideas and advise.

Iggy

Guest Stuartl

Stuart

The ETB gauges are £199 ones. I went for a couple of extras such a volt meter and blue needles at about 40ish quid more. The guys at ETB are very helpful.

you should try and get to Newark this weekend. you will get plenty of good ideas and advise.

Iggy

Hi Iggy, thanks for that,

Cant get to Newark unfortunately :o(

One thing to note, the *Common* wire to the small guages & lights on the sierra dash, is NOT earth, but a common feed, with the sensors etc in the *earth* line, once you've twigged that, wiring up new clocks is easy.