Iva Pass Today At Chadderton

Guest kleighton

Guest kleighton

Evening all,

I passed the IVA at Chadderton this afternoon.....very pleased.

As you may know my silencer blew a hole on the re-test, but got it sorted and read 90db on the meter......beltin.

I even managed to get a build up inspection sorted whilst I was there. Was a close call, the inspector was insistant I was going to get a Q plate at first, but he was a very nice bloke and did all he could to help out (Loopyonion may not be to happy about his though, but I'll let him tell you that story, good luck Steve)

Just like to add a big thank you to everyone that's helped and advised over the years.

Cheers

Keith

Guest Leaner

Very well done keith you deserve a good result now get it registered and enjoy all the hard work and stress uv put into it . congrats agen matey

Bernie :drinks:

Guest loopyonion

Glad your sorted, mine is too. Paul Jepson spoke to our friend who was making things awkward.

Dvla said I should of asked for a vin number, but Manchester won't sort one until they get the iva certificate with application.

I was told off for sorting my own, and threatened with having to have my car inspected again to certify the new numbers.

Anyhows, Paul Jepson pointed out that my vin was legal, and that I can't get an iva test without a number.

Then, if I change my number as dvla said, my iva certificate won't match the new number, and my Insurance with pickles, won't match either.

Ah, says mr inspector. ! Didn't think of that.

In the end, passed, and now I wait for my reg number ;) how many sleeps??

The point to my lessons, Paul Jepson maybe 45£ but worth every penny!! Without his advice I would be facing weeks of red tape.

And Keith, you can make your car loud again now. Good job they didn't start mine ;)

Guest kleighton

Ha ha, Hi Steve, I almost met you today.....

I really was trying to fight your corner with the DVLA guy. He was saying that unless we had all new parts then it would be a q plate. I pointed out that we weren't after new (10) plates, just age related, but he wasn't having it. I think he was concerned over the V5 for yours too, and stupidly enough wanted the VIN stamped on the chassis and not riveted, in my opinion, if it ok for VOSA then it should be for DVLA, clearly not !

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out........ car looks great by the way. Say hi to your mate too, didn't catch his name.

Cheers

Keith

Guest kleighton

Hi Steve, and thanks.

No, I didn't need a new exhaust in the end, I re-packed the one I had. Turns out it was over packed and was too tight, so effectively acting as a straight through pipe. I then had a problem with re-sealing the silencer, but ended up welding a wrap around the silencer which worked a treat.

Cheers

Keith

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Well done KEITH with your pass today. I also passed my IVA today at CARDIFF. I have also had a quoate from Frank Pickles, which was £30.00 cheaper than Adrian Flux. I am also using PAUL JEPSON to register my RH 2B. Hope it will not take to long. CHEERS NEIL.

Guest kleighton

Thanks Steve (boss Steve that is)

There's a good chance I'll be at Stafford (Little girls due pins out of her hip around that time, and we're waiting for a date so can't commit as yet)

Guest shaggy

Fantastic result to both keith and Loopy.

I'm sure we'll have a few runs out planned over the summer - wet or not - the worst that can happen is you get a wet arm without a lid :yahoo: