Bgh Gearboxes

Hello

Im am writing to you, to see if the robin hood owners club would be interested in a bulk buy of some of our close ratio/long 1st sierra type 9 gearboxes. We did a similar scheme with the westfield owners club with great sucess as we can offer a great discount if 15 or more people order gearboxes through the owners club. They don't have to all be the same spec as each gearbox is built for the individual customers need's/want's.

All of our gearboxes are fully helical for quiet road use and come with a 12 month warranty, from the time that the gearbox was fitted.

Prices range from £575+vat for a E2 gearbox, up to our E8 gearbox at £1475+vat, all gearboxes require a donor/eschange gearbox and build tome is roughly 2-4 weeks, depending on how busy we are at the time of ordering.

So please consider this offer, and perhaps ask some of the other members of the robin hood owners club to see if your interested.

If you would like more details then please e-mail me and i will help you out as best as i can.

Many Thanks

Andy

Gearbox engineer

If any of you are interested add your comments below, sorry but I don't know what they usually charge for a new box

I might be interested but not at those prices.

Do they have a website so that we can tell the difference between their E2 and E8?

Or am I now assigned to the Hall of Shame for asking such a stoopid question? :blush:

Guest oddsocks

Hello

Im am writing to you, to see if the robin hood owners club would be interested in a bulk buy of some of our close ratio/long 1st sierra type 9 gearboxes. We did a similar scheme with the westfield owners club with great sucess as we can offer a great discount if 15 or more people order gearboxes through the owners club. They don't have to all be the same spec as each gearbox is built for the individual customers need's/want's.

All of our gearboxes are fully helical for quiet road use and come with a 12 month warranty, from the time that the gearbox was fitted.

Prices range from £575+vat for a E2 gearbox, up to our E8 gearbox at £1475+vat, all gearboxes require a donor/eschange gearbox and build tome is roughly 2-4 weeks, depending on how busy we are at the time of ordering.

So please consider this offer, and perhaps ask some of the other members of the robin hood owners club to see if your interested.

If you would like more details then please e-mail me and i will help you out as best as i can.

Many Thanks

Andy

Gearbox engineer

If any of you are interested add your comments below, sorry but I don't know what they usually charge for a new box

I've got a gearbox, but im after an uprated mt75 gearbox mount to fit zero if know where i can get one?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AWhite

I have one of their gearboxes with a long 1st gear coupled with a 3.92 diff and its faultless. The longer first gear means it's actually usable as well rather than going through 1st in 1/2 a second.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AWhite

Jez,

I'm not sure what the ratio is exactly, I think its 2.98 as per E2 here here. I don't think they did the high ratio 5th gear when I got mine but I quite like my 5th gear being reasonable low ratio I can still easily do 120+ (on the track of course) without running out of revs and it picks up well at that speed.

EDIT: They also tried to convince me to get the heavy duty kit, which I couldn't pass by the wife. The standard duty kit has worked fine for me for a few years and has more than 145bhp going through it. I figured that if the standard type 9 box out of a sierra can cope then it should be ok, the kit car weighs about half a sierra anyway.

Andy