The Shaft Mobile As Been On The Dyno...

Shaft

Well done, looks/sounds great and looking forward to seeing it at the shows. Never knew you where so good with old trannys but you learn something new every day.

Marcus

He is the old Tranny !!!

Nice one nick roll on stoneleigh so we can all have a good look at it. dont forget to bring a cloth to wipe the druel of the car as wee all look over it. Only down side I can see is no more Skoda kitchen at the shows :drinks:

Thanks Nick. Thats interesting. Which bits do you think give you the power you got on the rolling road?

Cheers

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

It has to be the cam that gave the biggest increase. The only difference between my engine and Dans is mine has some mild headwork

and runs Megajolt opposed to Dans std head and Bestek ignition.

But we both have exactly the same BHP figures.

Nice result chap. Did it need much tweaking? Any flat spots or all smooth?

How do Rob,

Hardly anything mate TBH, the biggest gains where from upping the advance on the ignition. Was easy to do as well. Just change the settings on the laptop

as its running and 'write' them to the ECU. I had the cam timing spot on from the engine build so he left that alone.

The spitting of fuel vapour i had out the air filter was corrected at the carbs (something to do with the idle settings. He balanced the carbs with the good old

mercury guages but thats all they needed. Fuel pressure set at 3 PSi using the Filter King.

Now pulls cleanly all the way. Set the shift lights to 6000rpm as suggested by Russ. Max power is at 5500.

well done nick,sounds good.did you cringe when russ revs the nuts of it,i thought mine was going to jump of the rollers. :good:

jess.

To start with Jess i was cacking myself mate!! I soon settled down as it became apparent the oil and water etc was all happy.

Temp never went above 88, just hope it's the same when the bonnet is on! lol.

Well done, looks/sounds great and looking forward to seeing it at the shows. Never knew you where so good with old trannys but you learn something new every day.

Marcus

Every days a school day Marcus!! You wear the dress next show mate and i'll show ya my abilities!! pmsl xx

Cheers to all for the positive comments. :drinks:

Nick.

It was his exploits with Trannys that got Nick his name :D

So, she's nearly there old son. Looks and sounds the doggies doo-dah's.

If that doesn't sail through, then I will eat a Big Mac (like eating your hat but with less nutritional value)