Kit Weight

Joel

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at the weight of my wedding car kit? I need the design weights for the IVA application, and I've had no joy contacting the kit manufacturer - no reply to emails, phone number not in use! :rolleyes:

It uses Ford Sierra donor bits (2.0ltr pinto), exactly the same as a Robin Hood. The chassis is quite a beefy ladder frame affair, with a one piece GRP body bolted on top. Would it be heavier than the Sierra do you think?

Any help / guesses greatly appreciated.

Axle 1:

Axle 2:

Gross:

badsworth%20Highcliff.jpg

Hi yours best bet is to take it to the weigh bridge then they will give you a print out with the weight on it and that means i have got to make a note to myself to do that with mine when i get it back together lol

alternatively go to your local quarry and buy half a bag of gravel and get weighed. Might look a little odd when you are sitting in between 40 ton lorries waiting to get weighed though :D

we should do a sweep stake i reckon 970kg total....

Guest chris brown

I would use the Sierra weights for axles and gross weights. There is a calculation between kerb and gross weights and another for axle weights then yet another for train weight.