Brake Lines

neil's

Hi,

I have just bought a GBS zero kit and have started putting the panels on before i fit the center tunnel section, i want to pre drill all the holes for brake lines and fuel lines. could anybody tell me if there is any IVA regulation about distances they have to apart, i was going to do them at 10cm but thought i better check first as if this is wrong and it fails it would be a pig to get to.

any help would be apriciated.

Thanks

neil

Guest oddsocks

Hi,

I have just bought a GBS zero kit and have started putting the panels on before i fit the center tunnel section, i want to pre drill all the holes for brake lines and fuel lines. could anybody tell me if there is any IVA regulation about distances they have to apart, i was going to do them at 10cm but thought i better check first as if this is wrong and it fails it would be a pig to get to.

any help would be apriciated.

Thanks

neil

Hiya neil and welcome to the fun house. the spacing for the brake lines are max 300mm apart so do them closer to be on the safe side. Become a member and you can upload you pics of your build-just noticed you have! Put your location as well, might be someone close to you building.

You only want to put drivers side panel on at the mo, you'll need access to it later on in the build.

HTH

Jamie

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Neil,

Welcome along!!!!

Take your time and look at a few others build pics before getting stuck in!! Yanto, Shaft, Mine and Dinger's are a good place to start, if in doubt speak to GBS (Richard or Keith) are invaluable!!

As Jamie said put your location up as you could be just up the road from any of us and we can help in exchange for tea and biccies.

Cheers

John

Hiya neil and welcome to the fun house. the spacing for the brake lines are max 300mm apart so do them closer to be on the safe side. Become a member and you can upload you pics of your build-just noticed you have! Put your location as well, might be someone close to you building.

You only want to put drivers side panel on at the mo, you'll need access to it later on in the build.

HTH

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

That was quick, thanks very much for your help.

back off to the garage for some drilling fun.

i will put some photos on soon.

Hi Neil,

Welcome along!!!!

Take your time and look at a few others build pics before getting stuck in!! Yanto, Shaft, Mine and Dinger's are a good place to start, if in doubt speak to GBS (Richard or Keith) are invaluable!!

As Jamie said put your location up as you could be just up the road from any of us and we can help in exchange for tea and biccies.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

i was just actually looking at your photos looks very impessive.

i have just added my location thanks both for your tips

Kettles on if you fancy a long trip to Reading!!!

Neil

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Hi Neil

Welcome to the world of kit cars. Have a look at my build pictures as well, Im in Harold Wood by jnc 29 of M25 if you are ever passing this way.

Cheers

Spencer