Smallways 2011

BigLee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Smallways weekend - AKA WOODYS WEEKEND -

I promised to get a bit better organised this year so here is an invite to the Yorkshire area organised event of the year !!!

For anyone that hasn't been, this is an event I organise. It consists of a fantastic pub in the country where we camp over Fri and Sat just behind the pub. Usually an excellent run out on Saturday,

Time - Weekend of 01st and 02nd JULY. (Arriving to camp anytime PM on Friday 01st) I have confirmed date with Landlord,.

Location - Smallways Country Inn, just off the A66 at Newsham, about 7 miles from Scotch Corner. (A1)

Map here

Cost - Nowt - Will be beer to be drunk though !!!!!

Facilities - Excellent country pub serving good food. Toilet and washing facilities.

Stuff to do - Your own thing, tyre kick whatever. There is beer!!!

There is a motel next door for anyone not wanting to brave the open air !!!

Note this year SWMBO is celebrating rather a large birthday. She normally gives this weekend a miss as in past years it has been mainly blokes just drinking beer. However Baz is bringing Christine and I believe Steve and Laura are coming. I also think Jetskijase and Rachael are coming so she is coming to celebrate with the Hoodies. Please try and make this a memorable weekend!!! I struggle to remember bits of past years :)...

Please tell me if you want to come - Just PM me or reply to this thread so I can get a feel for numbers. There should be no restriction on Camping pitches and all are welcome . I'll post up those confirmed here.

Regards Lee

Attendees So Far -

Lee and Julie

Barry and Christine

Steve and Laura

Jase and Rach

James

Simon

Mitch and Jen

Andy windows (when i tell him lol)

Steve (Redspec)

Justin and Dad

Lee

I will be there for the run on Saturday and might even entice the wife to come.

Cheers

Colin

Cheers Colin. For anyone else thats just wants to come for a run out on Saturday it will be Approx 10 am start away from the Pub. I should say full tanks but Simon never listens and he needs to stop for oil more than petrol!!!!! Cheers All...

Guest Ian & Carole

Lee

I will be there for the run on Saturday and might even entice the wife to come.

Cheers

Colin

We can't make the run out on Sturday, got to don the chauffers hat for the day, but will be there for the birthday party on the evening.

Managed to book the last double room for the Saturday night. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Ian & Carole

Pardon me for swerving off topic :blush: , but ...

Is that a Daimler Majestic Major I see in your photo montage?

If so, what a beautiful motor, and no sluggard for it size! :good:

Long admirer of Daimlers (British ones!).

A friend had the Daimler V8 Jaguar bodied saloon. :crazy:

Quite a rare beast and very impressive! :clapping:

Hi Stewart, sadly no not the Majestic but a DS420, used for transporting the bridal party to and from church, carrying 7 people it is ideal, some Brides however do choose it for their "wedding Car".

1 down side is the 2 1/2 ton weight.

The 4.2 XK engine only manages 12 MPG.

Pays its way though.

• 5 months later...