Making A Dashboard

steve_wilson

hi all

i went to b&q and bought some of their finest plywood (at some cost i might add) with the idea of remaking my dashboard.

while looking around this site and other for ideas i stumbled across shafts dashboard, which i think looks very nice!

SSL23029.jpg

(hope you dont mind me showing your picture nick)

now after seeing this i want something similar. i'm settled on the idea of a digitdash, this one:

digidash link

and i'll have a couple of stainless push button switches for the fog light and horn

sooooo, if i do a CAD drawing with the dimensions of a dashboard for the 2B where can i get one made up out of carbon fiber (the fake stuff for cost reasons), along with all the raight radii and and small folds in it that i'd want

all suggestions welcome chaps!

cheers, steve

it may well come to that, but i would quite like to have the radius on the bottom of the dash, for the strength and the looks and possibly a bit of engraving as per shafts.

only other thing i can think of is making a mould and getting it vacuum formed, not sure if you can get carbon fiber effect abs in the size i'll need though, will wait for other suggestions first though!

Hi Steve,

Pics are there to be used and assist peeps if they can... no problems, use away. :good:

If it helps, the mould i made for mine now belongs to GBS?? Give Richard a ring and ask if he can help??

It's massively oversize on the run off so might?? also fit a 2B or could be tweaked to if not??

A few pics of the mould and mine pre trimmed if they help you for ideas Steve.

HTH, :drinks:

Nick.

post-3955-0-88474500-1297374081_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-92023100-1297374121_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-98034400-1297374246_thumb.jpg