2b Boot Lid Help Please!

megadodo

I have finished my boot apart form the lid. I intend to hinge a flat panel from the chassis rail across the back of the boot with the panel resting on the 2 sides and the flat area at the front of the boot (back of the car). I have a few ideas (none of which strike me as ideal) about how to lock the lid down. All the hardware in B&Q etc. really doesn't seem to suit so I would be grateful for some hardware suggestions and sources please folks!

post-2715-0-30052300-1298836613_thumb.jpg

how about using a central locking solenoid to lock it? if you get one from

a fuel filler flap, it'll close like a yale lock would, then press a button hidden

somewhere to open it?

Just a thought, and would also be invisible. :good:

Nick.

I used the map reading lights out of a ghia spec sapphire. You can just see the switch poking out of the slam panel on the left hand side. They are more than bright enough even with the black carpet. Feel free to "pinch" the idea, I'm sure I'm not the first.

I have finished my boot apart form the lid. I intend to hinge a flat panel from the chassis rail across the back of the boot with the panel resting on the 2 sides and the flat area at the front of the boot (back of the car). I have a few ideas (none of which strike me as ideal) about how to lock the lid down. All the hardware in B&Q etc. really doesn't seem to suit so I would be grateful for some hardware suggestions and sources please folks!

If you do not require it to be totally secure a cheap option would be a budget lock,a simple lock opened and shut with a square key or a flat blade screwdriver.